The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

Welp, I've had Skyrim for some time now and I only started playing it in the past 2 weeks. Needless to say I run the game fine on low settings, and I thought to myself "What does this look like on a console again?" So I went to my friends house and played it on his PS3 for a while. I then realized something... the low graphic settings on pc are better than what you get on the consoles! :biggrin:

RockStar248 said:
Welp, I've had Skyrim for some time now and I only started playing it in the past 2 weeks. Needless to say I run the game fine on low settings, and I thought to myself "What does this look like on a console again?" So I went to my friends house and played it on his PS3 for a while. I then realized something... the low graphic settings on pc are better than what you get on the consoles! :biggrin:
#PCmasterrace

Playing it on the PC gets even better when you start installing mods. I'll see if I can't post some of my screenshots, I have several graphic mods running. It's taxing on my system, and after an hour my pc gets really, really hot, but so worth it.

Stybar said:
RockStar248 said:
#PCmasterrace

Playing it on the PC gets even better when you start installing mods. I'll see if I can't post some of my screenshots, I have several graphic mods running. It's taxing on my system, and after an hour my pc gets really, really hot, but so worth it.
Curious to see those screens :3

Dragonsreach:
Y9ACr8H.jpg

I have a mod that gives every hold capital a makeover, with a new colorscheme. It makes everything a lot more colorful than Skyrim was supposed to be, but I like it.

More pics of Whiterun with the new colors
8vSDRfS.jpg

Mjoll. She kicks ass as the Dragonborn's companion. Lydia just wasn't cutting it anymore. Upgraded her armor, and her sword. Modded bodies and armor, I prefer the CBBE variant.
3Gr60Vr.jpg

My current sword. Mod's called Jaysus swords, adds about 50+ new swords.
PCzyVdV.jpg

Water looks pretty now :3
SDfA1Ej.jpg

Blue Palace. Nothing modded, except the new colors for the cities.
Io7z6L5.jpg

The swamp outside of Morthal. The fog gives a nice effect, still vanilla. I have a mod which amps up the grass volume, and one that amps up the trees. The tree mod killed my FPS to around 4, so I disabled it. Grass is still on.
lU91wud.jpg

ZZbbXex.jpg

South is a lot more colorful. This is just outside of Falkreath.
QwlmazP.jpg

I fucking love my galaxy mod.
3YJ6tkK.jpg

I only need to kill a Legendary Dragon to get all achievements, but all I get are Revered :( Dragonrend looks nice, at least.
fZlJsQp.jpg

Evaporating dragons is so much prettier.
Ld1Ma2K.jpg

By far my favorite location. I fucking love Eldergleam Sanctuary.
11fBwrt.jpg

And this one, because it's the best mod ever. Interesting NPCs adds a fuckload of NPC's with around 75 new quests, a couple of new followers, and it's all professionally voiced. Incredible mod, highly suggested.
ygVC1ZP.jpg

NOTE: This kills the PC. I have around 100 mods running, about 60 of them purely aesthetic. I run on a Intel i7 4700MQ, with a Nvidia GeForce 755M, and 8Gb of RAM. I think this is about as high as my graphics can go, and I get around 30 FPS, 15 if the load is heavy (outside, lots of trees, dragons,...). I know I don't have the best machine out there, but it's still pretty damn heavy. This is struggling for me.

^ Looks indeed damn nice for Skyrim :T
I don't even want to install this on my laptop, it will kill it for sure.
Might try on my desktop though.

Stybar said:
RockStar248 said:
#PCmasterrace

Playing it on the PC gets even better when you start installing mods.
I think right now I just have the Falksar mod installed, but I'm not even near ready to start that yet lol

RockStar248 said:
Stybar said:
RockStar248 said:
#PCmasterrace

Playing it on the PC gets even better when you start installing mods.
I think right now I just have the Falksar mod installed, but I'm not even near ready to start that yet lol

According to the creator, Falskaar is for players at level 25 or something, I believe.
I highly suggest the Interesting NPCs mod, and the Jaysus swords. INPC is amazing, really completes the game with new (unique) voice actors and characters.

Back
Top Bottom