Team Fortress 2

Miles Knuckles Power

What am I supposed to say
I didn't see any TF2 topics, so I decided to make one!
If somebody does not know what Team Fortress 2 is, it's a Free to Play, First Person game. Here the Steam page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/?l=english

Anyway, I made this topic to people talk about this fabulous game, what you think about it, any tips for other people and etc.
You're supposed to say something now.

All I can say is "HATS, HATS, HATS!"

Team Fortress 2 for NES:
nHev0.png

We'll play TF2 in 30 mins, ok?

Never actually tried the game. But what the hell, I'll give it a shot tomorrow ::3:

^ That trailer was pretty epic indeed.
I didn't know TF2 had machines, I thought it was just the spy, fatguy, etc.

Actually, the MvM (Mann Vs Machine) mode was added recently. Now, you have two modes:
PvP: Contains 32 players, 16 vs 16, and two teams: Red and Blu (Not Blue, it's Blu). Theres tons of mini-modes for PvP.
MvM: Contains 6 players, 6 vs ROBOTS. You and more five guys fight united against tons of robots, and you must not let them carry their bomb to the hole (what is near your spawn). Also, some of them are giant robots, with tons of HP, dealing TONS of damage!

The program used to make this trailer is also public. It's called Source Filmmaker, and you can get it on Steam. The TF2 community makes some really good movies with it, and my favorite is that one:

Yeah I played TF2. Don't play it as much though, got caught up in other things. MKP, if you wanna play a round in February, hit me up on Steam, chances are I'll be available. The best chance is in the weekend though, since my dorm has crappy Internet connection that doesn't allow decent online gaming.

How Come People Perfer Call of Duty over Team Fortress 2
The Moment i played this game a few years back I was like "Fuck, This game is to good to exist in the world
And Call of Duty Sucks Shit through a Straw :doh:

Mystic_Wulf said:
The Moment i played this game a few years back I was like "Fuck, This game is to good to exist in the world

Because people have different tastes.

Eh, Call of Duty. I actually don't hate it, but I don't love it. I have a friend in Steam that hates CoD soo much, because "you only need to aim and shot, it's boring and repetitive".
Anyway, this topic was made for talk about TF2, not CoD, mate.

Downloading as well, we should totally do a TMS match this friday.

Mystic_Wulf said:
They're 2 entirely different games. Personally I like tf2 CoD and BF. Each are completely different imo, having played all of them. Depending on the mood I'm in, a different one of the 3 will fit my needs :tongue:

Instead of hopping on either bandwagon, loving/hating a game to death, you should instead opt to try it for yourself and see if it appeals to your tastes.

As for TF2, I love it. I've only played a couple days in the past few months but before that I used to play much more often :tongue:
Personally, I like playing on 2fort w/ the sniper or scout or on degroot keep w/ the demoman or sniper.
As for the other classes, I like them but I just don't play them as often :tongue:

Fries said:
Mystic_Wulf said:
How Come People Prefer Call of Duty over Team Fortress 2
The Moment i played this game a few years back I was like "Fuck, This game is to good to exist in the world"
They're 2 entirely different games. Personally I like tf2 CoD and BF. Each are completely different imo, having played all of them. Depending on the mood I'm in, a different one of the 3 will fit my needs :tongue:

Instead of hopping on either bandwagon, loving/hating a game to death, you should instead opt to try it for yourself and see if it appeals to your tastes.

This.

There is no way of telling whether you like a game or not, but to play it. And saying that a game sucks before you played it is just ignorant.

This is the same with everything in the world. I dislike Justin Bieber because I have heard his voice and don't like the way he makes music. However, it's not that I claw at my ears everytime the radio plays him.
I don't like Twilight because the acting is horrible, the storyline is crap, and the vampire genre is being butchered. However, I appreciate the effort that Stephanie Mayer and the actors have put into the movies and the books, even though it doesn't take much effort to create shit.
I dislike Call of Duty because the storyline is messed up and it isn't fun to play online without at least 3 months of practice, or you'll get annihilated. However, it's fun to play, and when you find a good match, you can have fun online.

Call of Duty isn't a game that is designed for hardcore gamers, it started out like one, but with the generalisation of gaming (mainly consoles), games like CoD and BF have been designed to be played by as many people as possible. The result is that the game is at the level of 18 year old jocks, who don't even know who Aristotle is, but know "Niggers in Paris" by heart. If you're not able to get to that level (either upwards or downwards), you won't enjoy it.

Games are made as pieces of art. Creators have put effort in them. Some put more effort into something and create an awesome game. Some put less effort in one, which creates an awful game. However, as with paintings and movies, you cannot say whether something is bad just by hearing about it.
You have to experience it. You have to listing to Bieber to know how his voice sounds. You have to watch Twilight to know how Kristen Stewards acting is. You have to play Call of Duty to know how the gameplay is. And if you have, and you still think it's crap, then you can say it out loud, it's your own opinion.
But don't try to force it down someone throat. You have the right of your opinion, as do other people theirs.

Back
Top Bottom