Smartphone Discussion

Oh Apple.

Mq6Vf4w.jpg

Meh, if it's like the 3.5mm jack, I give it a year before it ages like milk.

Samsung made fun of Apple for removing the jack initially, before doing it themselves anyway.

Samsung made fun of Apple for removing the jack initially, before doing it themselves anyway.
Which I don't really get why all phone manufactureres copied this. What exactly is the advantage of having no headhone jack? Better protected against water(?) is the only thing I can think of.

EDIT:

KBeRel1.jpeg

Last edited:
Which I don't really get why all phone manufactureres copied this. What exactly is the advantage of having no headhone jack? Better protected against water(?) is the only thing I can think of.

Why let people connect any headphone to your device, when you can force them to pay a big price for your own, which only work through your own proprietary connection standards?

AND IT ONLY TOOK THIS LONG

Well tbf, as long as the charging cables are compatible with everything it is not THAT bad. But then again, it does not make any sense to not include it when buying a phone but then sell chargers separately.

Well tbf, as long as the charging cables are compatible with everything it is not THAT bad. But then again, it does not make any sense to not include it when buying a phone but then sell chargers separately.
All phones on the entire planet should just use the same exact cables and then it would be a good decision indeed.

All phones on the entire planet should just use the same exact cables and then it would be a good decision indeed.
Well, the EU tried... All phones use micro USB or USB-C plugs, except for Apple, who just went "nope".

Well, the EU tried... All phones use micro USB or USB-C plugs, except for Apple, who just went "nope".
Then the EU should man up and force them to do so with a deadline (2024?) or ban them from selling any phone after that date in the EU.

Can you imagine having a Xiaomi phone and seeing ads on your homescreen?

bruh what

Seriously, that is un-fucking-acceptable. I heard Samsung was pulling similar shit on their smart TVs, which is bad enough. Now Xiaomi is doing this shit on phones, and it won't be long before other brands follow suit. I guarantee you Samsung is fucking salivating at the opportunity to ram more ads down your throat.

bruh what

Seriously, that is un-fucking-acceptable. I heard Samsung was pulling similar shit on their smart TVs, which is bad enough. Now Xiaomi is doing this shit on phones, and it won't be long before other brands follow suit. I guarantee you Samsung is fucking salivating at the opportunity to ram more ads down your throat.
Now I know to avoid Xiaomi and Samsung (at least for TVs) at all times, thanks for screwing yourselves over companies!

Now I know to avoid Xiaomi and Samsung (at least for TVs) at all times, thanks for screwing yourselves over companies!
The problem is, people still buy them. So, other companies copy it. And soon all the manufacturers do it, and then we're stuck with it.

The problem is, people still buy them. So, other companies copy it. And soon all the manufacturers do it, and then we're stuck with it.
Until one company charges an extra €100 for an "ad-free" experience, and thus prices keep increasing.

Back
Top Bottom