[Serious] What's your opinion on rape?

Re: What's your opinion on rape?

What if the man uses a condom and the woman isnt a virgin, fries?

^ Perhaps it's an expresso ? :wow:

I have already made my argument but to sum it up:
The reason why rape should be considered a more harsh crime is because a person is being violated in multiple ways (his/her body, dignity, etc.)
more ways than assault.
Also, there are varying degrees of assault and, ofc, I believe murder should be considered a more harsh crime than rape.

Generally speaking, the severity of crimes is based on the extent to which it violates another person (crimes committed by one person onto another anyway)

The reason why women experience rape so severely is because they've just been violated. I wouldn't even consider how it feels as I do not know and do not wish to know, as it seems unbearable. Many women have even committed suicide due to their experience of being raped.

The simple solution to your question is that they take rape so harshly because rape is a very harsh crime.

I do not think that a persons sex should matter in this case but yes, you are right when you say that when a man is raped, it is not taken seriously. I believe it should be taken just as seriously, as, even though they aren't as emotional as women, they have been violated to the same extent.

Austin said:
Mave said:
Men can only get raped in their behind, and I think that that traumatic experience is still a lot less then the one where a female gets raped in her 'front'.

Debatable. If your in jail and someone forces you over and sticks it in your butt, it's not something your used to. However women are used to getting screwed vaginally.

Indeed debatable, you also have women whose first sexual experience IS rape, then they're not used to it of course, and they are damaged for life.

Fries said:
This. In case you don't know, it hurts. And its not that women are physiologically weaker, its that women are more emotional (the two are not the same).

This is also debatable. If a man has his house burn down and his family killed in the fire, and he tries to get on with his life, you consider him strong. Yet if he kills himself, well I (you) guess he just wasn't strong enough to bare the ordeal.

That doesn't make much sense either, if a women was in that situation she would also probably kill herself.

Mave said:
Indeed debatable, you also have women whose first sexual experience IS rape, then they're not used to it of course, and they are damaged for life.

This is true, but I'm not really talking about raping children. Of course that should serve a much higher penalty.

Mave said:
That doesn't make much sense either, if a women was in that situation she would also probably kill herself.

No no, I wasn't separating genders, I was demonstrating how we link emotions with being "strong" or "weak".

Fries, I understand what your saying, it's just that I don't see why we believe rape is being so much more of a violation than assault, logically speaking. Of course in general it is, but buy? In what way are you being violated during sex that your not being during assault? Your examples where "body, dignity", but I'm pretty sure if someone randomly beat the crap out of you your body and dignity would be pretty sore.

Back
Top Bottom