[Serious] What's your opinion on rape?

Austin

I usually argue completely against this kind of behavior, but since I’ve started my law class I’ve been considering what exactly is wrong with our legal system. Cultural values are viewed as far more important than logic. When you think of the two most horrendous acts humankind can perform, you think of rape and murder. I’ve always considered this though; murder is completely understandable as hideous – the taking of another person’s life.
Consider this though. If I was sleep in my bed, and someone snuck into my room and tied me up, then broke all my fingers, legs and arms, there’s no “special” treatment for me. I have all my fingers, legs and arms broken – almost guaranteed permanent damage which will render my physically incapable of doing certain things for the rest of my life. This is a hideous act, is it not? I can sue for assault.
However, if I was a girl, and someone tied me down while I was sleep, stuck their willy in me for 5 minutes and left, the whole world goes to shit. I’d gets rape shields, there’s a vast variety of organizations out there to help rape victims, etc. I mean just look at how people look at rape victims, and look at how people look at rapists. Just open your browser and look at people’s opinions on rape, and compare them to assault. Assault is almost laughed at.

Aftermath of rape: …Maybe take a pill?
Aftermath of assault: You name it. You could lose an eye, you could lose your teeth, you could be deemed incapable of work, broken fingers jaws arms legs – anything.

If I was punched in the face and the guy ran off, yeah my face would hurt for a while, and then everything would back to normal. I might sue them for assault because money is cool. It seems to me that all this fuss about rape is more to protect the almighty vagina then it is to protect the actual person. We must defend the vaginas! It seems to me that the only serious offence committed here is threatening a women’s source of power.
Would it be laughed at if a man was raped? Generally. However there are more complications to being raped in the ass then being vaginally raped. So shouldn’t men being raped be considered even more horrendous then women? If someone told you they where scammed out of their online business, losing $2000, you’d laugh at them. If someone told you they were raped, it’s a completely different story. What have you lost in scenario 1? $2000. What have you lost because someone stuck their willy in your vagina then ran away? Nothing. It's simply an inconvenience. Just like your pants ripping when you bend over.

I believe rape is considered far too serious of an offence. What’s your opinion? Please if you’re going to argue either way, please actually argue a defense and not just say it’s right or wrong “because it is” (or any variation).

Re: What's your opinion on rape?

You make an interesting point there. But I think the whole 'drama' is because of the moral problems.

Dunno, I mean, the girl/woman will probably be scared to get out of her house, same with being mugged.

Also, if the girl's a virgin, the mother might think she's lying, you never know

I do think rapists are the worse kind of pervs though

Well, believe it or not, most girls fantasize about being raped, yet when it happens they go ape shit. I wouldn't rape, but I do think that a fella sticking a willy in a girl for 5 minutes without permission is less serious then being assaulted or being bum raped.

Interesting point but the reason why rape is often looked at as more serious than assault is that rape is where a person violates another person and goes much further than assault. You say that theres not really any aftermath to rape when I'd argue that the PTSD would be absolutely horrific.
It's a lot more than an "inconvenience".

Fries said:
Interesting point but the reason why rape is often looked at as more serious than assault is that rape is where a person violates another person and goes much further than assault. You say that theres not really any aftermath to rape when I'd argue that the PTSD would be absolutely horrific.
It's a lot more than an "inconvenience".

But have they lost anything from being raped? they've only been technically inconvenienced, no property/ assets has been lost. Only 5 minutes of their unwilling time.

Precisely. And why is it that women feel so horrifically... like this?

I went home took a shower and went to bed. And didnt remember for like 3 months and it came back to me in peices. I was already manic depressive but when this hit me i kind of went insane. If any thing happened i slit my wrist. it was the only way i knew how to deal with things. I went to a couple different mentle hospitals.

Where's the reasoning behind this?

^ To be honest, I think it may be for the attention.

But I think rape causes more traumatic damage then assault.
A girl who's first sexual experience was... being raped, that thought will hunt her for her entire life, some of these people tend to never have sex ever again, or never be able to enjoy it.

Mave said:
But I think rape causes more traumatic damage then assault.
A girl who's first sexual experience was... being raped, that thought will hunt her for her entire life, some of these people tend to never have sex ever again, or never be able to enjoy it.
This. And as I said earlier, its a lot more serious than an 'inconvenience'.

So why is it that when men are raped, they don't experience this long term suicidal emotional drama? Are you implying that women are physiologically weaker than men?

Austin said:
So why is it that when men are raped, they don't experience this long term suicidal emotional drama? Are you implying that women are physiologically weaker than men?

Well, theres no need to "imply" it's quite clear that women are more psychologically weaker then most men because they experience emotions differently, it's not being sexist it's just how it is, if a huge experience occurs to them, they will be filled with emotions, and if it's a bad experience, they will react worse then what a man would.

Austin said:

Men can only get raped in their behind, and I think that that traumatic experience is still a lot less then the one where a female gets raped in her 'front'.

Mave said:
Austin said:

Men can only get raped in their behind, and I think that that traumatic experience is still a lot less then the one where a female gets raped in her 'front'.
This. In case you don't know, it hurts. And its not that women are physiologically weaker, its that women are more emotional (the two are not the same).

Mave said:

Debatable. If your in jail and someone forces you over and sticks it in your butt, it's not something your used to. However women are used to getting screwed vaginally.

Fries said:
This. In case you don't know, it hurts. And its not that women are physiologically weaker, its that women are more emotional (the two are not the same).

This is also debatable. If a man has his house burn down and his family killed in the fire, and he tries to get on with his life, you consider him strong. Yet if he kills himself, well I (you) guess he just wasn't strong enough to bare the ordeal.

You know how it feels to be raped? The best you can do is imagine...
"Women are used to getting screwed vaginally"
...ofc ofc, when someone sticks their penis in them, they feel nothing. They're also only a little inconvenienced when someone sticks their penis in them, leaving them w/ the possibility of being pregnant or getting an STD.

Seriously, you're making broad declarations as if you have first hand knowledge of all of this. If you aren't a woman, and/or have never been raped then you can't judge people who have and make assumptions about how it feels.

It's like a person who has only played GTA commenting on the gravity of murder.

Fries said:
If you aren't a woman, and/or have never been raped then you can't judge people who have and make assumptions about how it feels.

We should ask Kitty?

Fries said:
Seriously, you're making broad declarations as if you have first hand knowledge of all of this. If you aren't a woman, and/or have never been raped then you can't judge people who have and make assumptions about how it feels.

Your not making an argument according to the theme of this topic. As I said, explain why it's wrong, not "just because because it is" (or any variation). We're discussing why women take it so harshly, and thus why it's considered one of the two most horrific acts which can be committed by humans.

I'm not judging or making assumptions, I'm making valid points. I never said anywhere that I know what it feels like, I'm trying to figure out why it feels like it does.

You're making judgments and assumptions all over...
My point was that your judgments and assumptions on the topic are highly inaccurate and that you should learn to view things from other people's perspectives.

Now you're just contradicting yourself. From the very first post you made it quite clear that your view was that women take rape too seriously, that it's just "an inconvenience" and that assault should be viewed as a harsher crime.

You've only made one valid point so far but the evidence you try to use to back it up isn't valid at all.

Back
Top Bottom