[Serious] The Occupy Movement around the world

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
The last few months a movement called "Occupy Wall St." came out against corporate greed and other several factors that were taken into the streets.
The protests started really small with an insignificant number of people but it started growing as the days went by until it reached thousands of people, they started to get organized and the amount of people kept on growing.
The police became nervous about this and started using pepper spray against the people or hitting them with bats, arrests were made to both troublemakers and peaceful demonstrators which caused the protesters to get upset by these police actions.

The movement spread to the 50 states of USA and many other cities around the world.

The thing I ask here, is your opinion about the police reaction to the protesters.

Some video to give a better understanding of what I mean.

"Tear gas! Thrown at Occupy Oakland! "
bytMNoKNeRA[/media]]

"Oakland Policeman Throws Flash Grenade Into Crowd Trying To Help Injured Protester "
OZLyUK0t0vQ[/media]]

Re: The Occupy Movement around the world

EdooH.png

Sums it up for me.

Love the comic but, while the worlds wealth shouldn't be split equally among all the people, I think that 1% of the people have 99% of the money, that's just too much. Wealth should be distributed like a bell curve.

Fries said:
Wealth should be distributed like a bell curve.

I don't entirely agree... If people work hard to earn money they shouldn't share it, even if it's A LOT.

Mave said:
I don't entirely agree... If people work hard to earn money they shouldn't share it, even if it's A LOT.
Yes, if they worked hard for it. But what about the people who just get the money. Rich mom and dad, heritage, lottery...
And for another discussion: do singers like Justin Bieber, Ne-Yo, and that lot deserve the money too? They don't write their own songs, they don't play any instruments, do they work hard for their money?

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Yes, if they worked hard for it. But what about the people who just get the money. Rich mom and dad, heritage, lottery...
And for another discussion: do singers like Justin Bieber, Ne-Yo, and that lot deserve the money too? They don't write their own songs, they don't play any instruments, do they work hard for their money?

You cant sit there and piss and moan because people are making money easily, they have "talent" (Yes, including JB, otherwise he wouldn't have a loyal fanbase) and therefore make the money.

Just because they didn't work backbreaking hours for the money, doesn't mean they don't deserve it.

And if you are whinging about them having money, you are probably poah, so stop bitching, get a job, and perhaps one day you'll be like them.

Mave said:
Fries said:

The main porblem in the US is that the rich actually pay less then the poor have to pay when it comes to the tax. For example, a poor guy needs to pay 10% while the super rich guy only pays 1%.

>2011
>discussing fundamental reasons of our society

>Teens on the internet
>Have all the answers to fix the US government

Impulse said:
Mave said:
Fries said:

The main porblem in the US is that the rich actually pay less then the poor have to pay when it comes to the tax. For example, a poor guy needs to pay 10% while the super rich guy only pays 1%.

Well that is unfair.
If I were to become rich, I wouldn't mind paying the same percentage of tax.

Back
Top Bottom