[Serious] Piracy

Re: Piracy

I downloaded After Effects in roughly 10 minutes from a torrent, and it's pretty large.

I would have spent 10 minutes all together waiting for all my download links from rapidshare to 'unlock'...

well i guess i dont have that problem since i have a membership in both megaupload and rapidshare monthly .

and i just Jdownloader for my links so i have 0 waiting time and maximal speed

oh and btw

Andre said:
That's the reason you don't see direct downloads for GTA IV for example, which is 16gb. Even if the connection speed could handle many people downloading it at a steady ~2mb/s (for free!) it still would eat the server's bandwidth. That's the reason we have P2P.

try go on a warez site and search GTA IV, i got 334 matches on one of the sites i use. so that is not true...

The speed of torrents depends on the number of seeders..

On TPB when you search something, sort the results by seeders and you'll get the best download at the top of the list. It'll be the fastest and most likely to not have any sort of viruses.

Corsefied said:
Andre said:
That's the reason you don't see direct downloads for GTA IV for example, which is 16gb. Even if the connection speed could handle many people downloading it at a steady ~2mb/s (for free!) it still would eat the server's bandwidth. That's the reason we have P2P.
try go on a warez site and search GTA IV, i got 334 matches on one of the sites i use. so that is not true...
Technically it is true. You just got to have an idea how bandwidth and space allocation works at big file hosting sites using cloud software. Also read that I mentioned the speed being 2mb/s and also mentioned it being free - you don't get that on Rapidshare unless you pay for it. Concluding it so the best free, and very often faster than HTTP download, method to pirate something is P2P and BitTorrent.

Here's some graphics...
p2ptraffic2009.jpg

p2ppopular.jpg

well i downloaded GTA IV at 20mb/s with fiber broadband..
and ive never had any slow connections to any filehost so :S
stop looking at pictures and facts and test it out urself :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom