[Serious] Debate: Should white people be allowed to say n*gger?

Yes, No?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
F

[FF]TeddyBear

I'm not a racist, However I frequently use the word N*gger in my day to day language, whenever I greet someone, it's sup my n*gger, and they reply with the same response, then there is the old "N*gger please".

I think that if we are all "equal", we should all be allowed access to the same vocabulary :book:

This isn't meant to be a racist thread, I aint a racist, I just want to know what people think on "white" people saying the word, as "black" people seem to not be offended by it anymore, when you see comedians, movies, and real people saying it alot, so if they were "offended" by it, they wouldn't say it themselfs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Debate: Should white people be allowed to say nigger?

I vote no; the N-word has been a word to insult a few decades ago, the times when black people had to sit in the back of the bus etc, in those times the N-word was used a lot by white people, and it was intentioned to insult and hurt.

That's why I vote no.

Fair enough, Though like I said, They don't seem to be offended by it nowadays because they say it themselfs.

They are offended by it when someone 'white' says it.
Saying the N-word to a black person in Belgium is the worst insult you can give to them.

It is a little inappropriate, but I suppose it is "common slang" among some african-american gangs and even white (caucasian?) people. Depends very much in the context used and the relations between the people using the word. As a greeting among friends it is cool, I must admit using it sometimes the same way that Nimphious, such as "yo nigga" or something like that which actually isn't an insult.

I personally believe there's a large difference in using the word "Nigger", which was the purposely harsh name of those they whipped, killed and labored to death in cotton fields, and the word "Nigga" which has been adapted to a more of a "Hello" between the people who have the general "right" to use it and white wankers alike.

Sorry if this was offensive in any way.

I vote no, i would be offended if a word to associate my race was used in communication with me.

However there are similar words to different races.

Black = Nigga, Nigger.

White = Cracker, Cracka

Mexican = Bean beaner

Estonian/Belgium = Awesome, Awesum (XD)

[TMS]FrostBytez[XSZ] said:
I vote no, i would be offended if a word to associate my race was used in communication with me.

That would be me saying, if someone came upto me and called me aussie, It would be wrong because he is saying what I am?

You guys aren't thinking broad enough. As I stated, the term is question was a:

purposely harsh name of those they whipped, killed and labored to death in cotton fields

While "Cracker" or "Beaner" is nothing but raciest slander. It has no truly offensive history.

There is a difference between nigger and nigga

Nigger = An insult to blacks

Nigga = A greeting, frequently used by blacks too.

So we should be allowed to say Nigga but not nigger.

Though pronounced the same?

Nigga is pronounced niggAH and nigger is pronounced niggER

There is a difference

^ It's just the same for me.
Maybe it is like that in Canada, but it certainly isn't in Belgium.

In Holland, whenever you use the word Nigga nikka nigger nikker or whatever, people will just laugh at you. We now use common words used by whites, asians, blacks, or whatever alike. We have this 'language' which mixes Surinamian(?), English, Turkish, Maroccan, whatever words toghetter. Wheter you speak this language depends on how you dress, and how you act. For example, racists won't use it.

^HEAVENLY EXGAGERATED.

Zezombia said:
You guys aren't thinking broad enough. As I stated, the term is question was a:

purposely harsh name of those they whipped, killed and labored to death in cotton fields

While "Cracker" or "Beaner" is nothing but raciest slander. It has no truly offensive history.

Zez, Mexican people find it quite offensive if we call them Beaner.

(Two words, The Alamo...)

It really depends on what race is saying it, e.g i say "Cracker" to another white person, They say 'sup?

A African American person says "nigga" to another African American they say "Wassup my nigga?"

Some races don't really have offensive backgrounds/history or just don't offend anyone.

Frost, I don't think the word "Beaner" (referring to a Mexican) and the "Battle of the Alamo" (A battle between Texas and Mexico) are related.

That's like saying "Cracker" is offensive because of the "Cold War" (not related).

Some races don't really have offensive backgrounds/history or just don't offend anyone.

And that's why this post isn't titled "Debate: Should black people be allowed to say cracker?"

I was actually giving some examples supporting my point.

I know. One of the main credits of a debate is to decredit the opposition. None the less, we aren't debating on how to debate, stay on topic O:.

For me its sorta like a both. It kinda depends who your saying it to. If your joking around with your friends and your not african-american then it should be okay but if your saying it seriously to a ELDERLY african-american then you might have some problems. I've heard a white person say it to a african-american person before and like someone said before, they aren't as offended by it anymore. So if its a teenager that gets your not trying to be racist then its alright but some people (adults) you shouldn't say it. Its sorta like how white people aren't offended when people call us crackers, or most Chinsese people (that also speak English) don't care if people call them Chinks. So if we aren't offended why should they? I know Zez said that it shouldn't be said because it has a history but thats history.

"But that's history?" If you can use sayings so can I. "We learn from our mistakes." History can't be taken lightly.

Back
Top Bottom