Series: General Discussion

Finished Mayanc MC season 1 yesterday, I definitely recommend it if you were a fan of Sons of Anarchy. It's surprisingly good for a spin-off!

Never really got into Sons of Anarchy...
Kinda between series atm. Finished up the last season of The Dragon Prince, which somehow feels like they rushed into a final season, even though they have confirmed that the story is spread across 7. But, since Netflix is on the fence of actually ordering those last 4 seasons, my guess is that they try to wrap things up as much as possible each series...

It's a shame to see writers dicked around like this. They can't really tell the story they want, since the execs at the top are only interested in money. The same thing happened with Korra (which is the same writing team), where Nickelodeon kept their confirmation for more seasons vague, so the overarching plot is all over the place.

Never really got into Sons of Anarchy...
Kinda between series atm. Finished up the last season of The Dragon Prince, which somehow feels like they rushed into a final season, even though they have confirmed that the story is spread across 7. But, since Netflix is on the fence of actually ordering those last 4 seasons, my guess is that they try to wrap things up as much as possible each series...

It's a shame to see writers dicked around like this. They can't really tell the story they want, since the execs at the top are only interested in money. The same thing happened with Korra (which is the same writing team), where Nickelodeon kept their confirmation for more seasons vague, so the overarching plot is all over the place.
That is a real shame, and it's only gonna get worse with all the competition for Netflix nowadays...

Started watching Band of Brothers yesterday, first episode was more of an introduction (I think). Looking forward to the next episode. (they are 1,5 hours long, so I'm taking it easy)

Started watching Band of Brothers yesterday, first episode was more of an introduction (I think). Looking forward to the next episode. (they are 1,5 hours long, so I'm taking it easy)
Such a great show. The final episode had me in tears, man.

Looks like Modern Family shot its last episode!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/galler...to-sitcom-on-final-day-of-filming/ss-BB10hmKs

2DtQIY3.png

Always loved the show, but I have to admit that the last seasons were less-funny than before, though every seasons had a few golden episodes.
Good for them to stop now, this frees up Ed O'Neil for a Married With Children reunion :biggrin:

I mean, Modern Family is basically a sequel to Married With Children, anyway.
And chances are that the reunion IS the reason Modern Family is stopping.

I watched Locke And Key on Netflix, and honestly? Not worth it. It's ten episodes, but there's only enough plot for 5 episodes. The first 6 episodes are just dumb and annoying, and that's a big problem if the series is only 10 episodes long.
The main characters are just plain annoying. The plot lumbers on, but it moves because of stupid choices the main characters make.
The only interesting persons are side characters, who get shafted at every possibility there is. The main characters just act like annoying teenagers.
Really, the only episodes where I didn't cringe where the last 3, since that's where most of the plot is based.
And as a nitpicking sidenote: there are TONS of useless and unnecessary scenes that have zero relation to any plot, main or side. While they don't hurt the plot, it's obvious that they're just there to pad the runtime.

I mean, Modern Family is basically a sequel to Married With Children, anyway.
And chances are that the reunion IS the reason Modern Family is stopping.

I watched Locke And Key on Netflix, and honestly? Not worth it. It's ten episodes, but there's only enough plot for 5 episodes. The first 6 episodes are just dumb and annoying, and that's a big problem if the series is only 10 episodes long.
The main characters are just plain annoying. The plot lumbers on, but it moves because of stupid choices the main characters make.
The only interesting persons are side characters, who get shafted at every possibility there is. The main characters just act like annoying teenagers.
Really, the only episodes where I didn't cringe where the last 3, since that's where most of the plot is based.
And as a nitpicking sidenote: there are TONS of useless and unnecessary scenes that have zero relation to any plot, main or side. While they don't hurt the plot, it's obvious that they're just there to pad the runtime.
Thanks for the warning!

About to finish The Witcher S01 tonight.

I am so hyped for S02.

Too bad it's scheduled for 2021.
Well that was a bummer to read..

Meanwhile the second The Grand Tour episode of the 4th season is taking its time as well... It's been almost 3 months guys, c'mon.

Well that was a bummer to read..

Meanwhile the second The Grand Tour episode of the 4th season is taking its time as well... It's been almost 3 months guys, c'mon.

Quality over quantity, I guess...

Although I suppose the "specials only" formula simply requires them to take more time.

Altered Carbon Season 2 is out, so I'm rewatching that from the beginning.

Well, I say "I", but it's mostly because the GF has forgotten basically everything about it.

Altered Carbon Season 2 is out, so I'm rewatching that from the beginning.

Well, I say "I", but it's mostly because the GF has forgotten basically everything about it.
Never heard of it, looks like a great series to watch before playing Cyberpunk 2077 though.

Never heard of it, looks like a great series to watch before playing Cyberpunk 2077 though.
Dude. Watch it.

It's basically Cyberpunk 2077 the TV series. It's also a really, really good show.

Me and the gf were watching “Elementary” on Netflix. Today we wanted to see the next episode (we’re mid season 3) and suddenly all seasons except for 6 are GONE.
Seriously screw streaming services. This is why pirating > paying.

Me and the gf were watching “Elementary” on Netflix. Today we wanted to see the next episode (we’re mid season 3) and suddenly all seasons except for 6 are GONE.
Seriously screw streaming services. This is why pirating > paying.
It was fine, until other companies started wanting a slice of the pie. Suddenly, licenses were pulled, stuff got split up...
So, yeah, I agree. I use Netflix so I don't have to download everything, but if it's not on there -> yohoho, motherfucker.

The next season of Eric Andre needs to hurry up and release already!
Watching these compilations is a great thing to do in the meanwhile though.

Dude has absolutely zero shame. Which is amazing, and hilarious.

Also, if you're to believe what he said in the Hot Ones episode, he tapes for a fucking hour with his guests, only to use 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom