Router Help

SovareZza

Be Patient.
So, I got a new modem/router to use from my ISP so I want to use the old modem/router as a way to get better internet connection from my other modem/router that's connected to the internet.
Is there any way that this could be achieved?

I've tried this, I had a router laying around and received a new router from my ISP, I connected it together, however it creates 2 networks to join, there is no way you can have them together to create a stronger signal.

But there are ways you can increase the signal of your single router.

1) Keep cats from sleeping on the router, they can slow down the internet.
2) Google.

Mave said:
I'm not sure what you mean here.
Do you mean expanding the signal?
I suppose so, yes. I want the signal from the router which actually connects to the internet to push the signal in to the router in my room so that I am never at a loss of signal at any point in my house (unless the first router goes down).

Tried to install an extender, did not work well. But that was probably because my dad thought he knew it better then the instruction manual.
My advice, DO NOT buy anything by Cisco that says "easy install". Cisco is great, but only for the really expensive, professional stuff. Consumer based Cisco devices is pure crap.
Also make sure that everything in your network is by the same brand. Not necessary, but it will help a lot.

You need to set up a bridge between the two routers. I wouldn't know how to do it though, and I am not even sure if you can do it with the ISP's router.

Impulse said:
You need to set up a bridge between the two routers. I wouldn't know how to do it though, and I am not even sure if you can do it with the ISP's router.
They're both routers that I can go to Dicksmith and purchase, but the ISP has already beaten me to it.

I'll scour google for some more information. Thanks guise.

Back
Top Bottom