PETA buys enough stock to attend SeaWorld shareholder meetings

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
PETA buys enough stock to attend SeaWorld shareholder meetings

7xoPuYo.jpg

ORLANDO --

SeaWorld has a surprising new part-owner: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

PETA announced on its official blog that it has bought just enough stock in the company to attend its annual meetings.

A longtime and vocal opponent of SeaWorld's policies regarding animals at its theme parks for years, PETA will now be allowed to attend shareholder meetings and, more importantly to PETA, propose changes.

"We quickly purchased the smallest number of shares necessary to give us the right to attend and speak at annual meetings and to submit shareholder resolutions asking for policy changes," PETA posted on its blog Friday.

"Our first order of business as part owners of SeaWorld?" PETA continued. "Getting the orcas out -- including Corky, who has been enslaved by SeaWorld for 44 years."

That should make for a very interesting meeting. It's probably not what SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. had in mind when it decided to go public.

In its first day of trading, SeaWorld's stock surged on the New York Stock Exchange, rising as high as $34.67 on Friday. It opened Tuesday morning at $32.94.

Our attempts to reach out to SeaWorld Orlando for comments were not immediately returned Tuesday morning.

Source: http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/on-the-town/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/4/23/peta_buys_shares_in_.html

Finally, they have done something that will help their cause effectively, instead of throwing buckets of blood everywhere.
PETA, and all other protest groups, you deserve my respect for taking a stand against something you want gone, but aimlessly running around screaming "AHH IT'S EVIL" isn't going to convince a lot of people.
This is the first thing I have heard of that PETA does and can actually help animals. Not that the animals in SeaWorld need help, I can assume that they are treated well by their caretakers.

Stybar said:
Finally, they have done something that will help their cause effectively, instead of throwing buckets of blood everywhere.
PETA, and all other protest groups, you deserve my respect for taking a stand against something you want gone, but aimlessly running around screaming "AHH IT'S EVIL" isn't going to convince a lot of people.
This is the first thing I have heard of that PETA does and can actually help animals. Not that the animals in SeaWorld need help, I can assume that they are treated well by their caretakers.

Exactly, what's even more fucked up is this: "Animal-rights activists wreak havoc in Milan laboratory - Loss of Data May Ruin Years of Research into Autism and Schizophrenia"
http://www.nature.com/news/animal-rights-activists-wreak-havoc-in-milan-laboratory-1.12847

Back
Top Bottom