Let me sum it up here:
- Microsoft owned 49% of OpenAI and invested a few billion dollars.
- However they had zero control of the company, making the investment look dodgy
- Then, in one on the most significant business blunders in history.... The OpenAI board gave Microsoft a gift.
- The OpeanAI CEO, and 670 loyal employees who will follow their CEO. (670 of the 770 employees want to follow their CEO)
- Microsoft now has OpenAI in-house for $0 incremental OpenAI investment.
Hundreds of OpenAI employees have signed a letter demanding the board resign or face an employee exodus to Altman's new venture at Microsoft.