TMS On your left a typical French Bulldog, on your right the attempt of a breeder trying to create healthier French Bulldogs

Featured pictures

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Looks like the after and before of running into a wall. In all seriousness screw the humans that ruined so many dog breeds by over-breeding them.

xycwoq1.png

Most of those fucked up dogs are the result of slightly less official breeders, taking shortcuts on breeding programs.

The whole "race pure dogs" world is a weird one. My parents have 2 race pure dogs themselves. Just getting those dogs was a challenge on its own, as they needed to find certified breeders selling legit puppies. The breeder for their eldest dog was a 4 hour drive away. To get the youngest, my dad had to spend a month in Sweden. On top of that, those pups are pricey. It cost €1000+ each, just for adoption.

But, they do come with a full certification that they're pure. Meaning they both have a full family tree, spanning back several generations, with each member on that tree being a certified race pure dog as well. If they wanted, they could breed the dogs themselves. They even tried to get their eldest (male) dog into a breeding program.

But, the red tape on that is thick. There are so many rules, and checks, and certifications that need to be done... The dogs need to be verified by officials from a special organization that works with that specific race of dogs, they need to prove that the dogs' pedigree is legit, they need to run in dog shows in order to get a rating on how "pure" the dog is, etc...

It got to a point that the organization for that breed had to fly over some dogs from the US, because the genepool of breedable dogs in Europe got too small to ensure healthy, race pure dogs.

Most of those fucked up dogs are the result of slightly less official breeders, taking shortcuts on breeding programs.

The whole "race pure dogs" world is a weird one. My parents have 2 race pure dogs themselves. Just getting those dogs was a challenge on its own, as they needed to find certified breeders selling legit puppies. The breeder for their eldest dog was a 4 hour drive away. To get the youngest, my dad had to spend a month in Sweden. On top of that, those pups are pricey. It cost €1000+ each, just for adoption.

But, they do come with a full certification that they're pure. Meaning they both have a full family tree, spanning back several generations, with each member on that tree being a certified race pure dog as well. If they wanted, they could breed the dogs themselves. They even tried to get their eldest (male) dog into a breeding program.

But, the red tape on that is thick. There are so many rules, and checks, and certifications that need to be done... The dogs need to be verified by officials from a special organization that works with that specific race of dogs, they need to prove that the dogs' pedigree is legit, they need to run in dog shows in order to get a rating on how "pure" the dog is, etc...

It got to a point that the organization for that breed had to fly over some dogs from the US, because the genepool of breedable dogs in Europe got too small to ensure healthy, race pure dogs.
I do like that it's regulated like that now. Doesn't change the fact that all these dogs (and cats for that matter) have been bred until genetic mistakes started happening.
Conclusion is still the same: fuck breeding and breeders.

Back
Top Bottom