Movies: General Discussion

I guess there’s only one way to find out... gonna watch this movie Sunday evening.

Just beware...
hapk2nihk0g41.jpg

Just saw “Knives Out”, really surprised at how good it was, I do recommend it!
Review coming tomorrow.

Somehow I totally missed the new James Bond theme... Billie Eilish is only 18 years old and she has a freakin' Bond song. Pretty mental.

Not really a fan of Billie Eilish, and I can't really say that I like this song as well... But, it does fit great in a James Bond movie.

Not really a fan of Billie Eilish, and I can't really say that I like this song as well... But, it does fit great in a James Bond movie.
My hype for the next JB movie is insane... PLEASE don't disappoint.

Saw The Gentlemen yesterday, my God what a brilliant movie! Guy Ritchie still got it!
Review coming later tonight.

Saw End of Watch yesterday, solid cop movie. I really like the way everything was recorded.

More of a pet peeve, but does anyone else find that some restaurant scenes are too quiet? (background-wise)

Take this one:

Everyone else in the restaurant appears to be a mute. Now I don't want extreme volumes of other tables either, but just some talk/background noise would make this better/more realistic in my opinion.

I think it's a debate between realism and utility. If the restaurant is as loud as it should be, it would be a lot harder for the audience to make out the dialogue. It's also so the focus can be more on the main actors than the background, which I know sounds weird, as it's still just background noise, but still.
You can even see it as a stylistic thing: because the plot focuses on the two main characters, that's all the camera and mic focus on as well. The background noise is just "tuned out" for us, already.

I think it's a debate between realism and utility. If the restaurant is as loud as it should be, it would be a lot harder for the audience to make out the dialogue. It's also so the focus can be more on the main actors than the background, which I know sounds weird, as it's still just background noise, but still.
I'd prefer a bit of background noise, just to add more realism.

You can even see it as a stylistic thing: because the plot focuses on the two main characters, that's all the camera and mic focus on as well. The background noise is just "tuned out" for us, already.
Now this is I can understand more.

I guess I fucked it up for myself by starting to pay attention to background noise while I should only be focused on the two characters conversing.

This Netflix movie looks interesting

o9OQmMF.jpg

Starring Ellie Kemper, Daniel Radcliffe, Jon Hamml, Fred Armisen, Johnny Knoxville, and Jane Krakowski.

Isn't that a pretty established series on Netflix, too?

Just saw From Dusk Till Dawn for the first time ever. I went in completely blind (no trailers, no plot descriptions,..) I've been wanting to watch this for an insanely long time since I'm a huge Quentin Tarantino fan but never really got around to it, until just now.
I kind of(?) like it.
I loved that the switch was so unexpected, then again I really prefer the first half of the story which had good plot and writing. You can't really say that about the second half. (also I've always hated "horror"/vampires.

I'm so hyped for TENET (July 22nd) and No Time To Die (November 25th).
Besides that I don't have anything movie related to look forward to.

Recently I finally watched the third How To Train Your Dragon movie. Nothing to really mention, it was just a perfectly fine movie, but what really amazed me was the quality of the animation. There were shots of a giant waterfall, and my God, it looks like a real life waterfall. Amazing to see the progress studios have made since Toy Story.

Recently I finally watched the third How To Train Your Dragon movie. Nothing to really mention, it was just a perfectly fine movie, but what really amazed me was the quality of the animation. There were shots of a giant waterfall, and my God, it looks like a real life waterfall. Amazing to see the progress studios have made since Toy Story.
Might be a good one to watch with the gf, thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom