Discussion LEGO Expansion 'Lego Speed Champions' Discussion Thread

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Since I don't want to create a ton of threads for the LEGO expansion I'm from now on bundling them here.

Lego Speed Champions

4iGrNGN.jpg

Release date: 13 June 2019
Webiste: https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh4_lego
Trailer: https://forums.themavesite.com/thre...speed-champions-e3-2019-launch-trailer.40834/
Gameplay: https://forums.themavesite.com/threads/lego-expansion-gameplay.40837/

8mVdsh0.jpg

Last edited:
A redditor stitched together the LEGO map from gameplay videos:

DCyuKq4.jpg

Looks pretty small, smaller than Fortune Island for sure.[/hr][/hr]

And it looks like you have to collect stuff to build the houses? Might be an interesting mechanic.

So I've been playing it for the past 2 hours. It's pretty fun, watching the brick fly when you smash something is amazing.

For the rest, it's just an expansion of Forza Horizon. You unlock races, you win races. You find some speedtraps or speedzones, and you take out the Mosler to nail 3 stars. It's just set in Lego.
I do like the Brick Challenges though. Although most of them are fairly simple (get 3 stars on this speedtrap, get 3 stars on that driftzone,...), it's a nice way to get people to progress.

So I've been playing it for the past 2 hours. It's pretty fun, watching the brick fly when you smash something is amazing.

For the rest, it's just an expansion of Forza Horizon. You unlock races, you win races. You find some speedtraps or speedzones, and you take out the Mosler to nail 3 stars. It's just set in Lego.
I do like the Brick Challenges though. Although most of them are fairly simple (get 3 stars on this speedtrap, get 3 stars on that driftzone,...), it's a nice way to get people to progress.
Sounds good, looking forward to playing later today!

Just tried the DLC for the first time, I'm positively surprised!
  • Was afraid they'd lock you to LEGO-only cars, fortunately this wasn't true.
  • I love smashing pretty much everything you want with ease, the bricks flying away is so satisfying.
  • The roads are really really well made, gonna spend a lot of time driving here.
  • They did a really good job with the racetrack!

So, after getting the final upgrade for the house, you also get a barn find rumor... Which has been timegated to drop in a later update (probably next week).
Welp.

So, after getting the final upgrade for the house, you also get a barn find rumor... Which has been timegated to drop in a later update (probably next week).
Welp.
Dripfeeds? Looks like Playground Studios took notes from Rockstar Games...

Whoever decided that you can only get the Alien debrid things at night or when it rains should be shot. Nice mechanic to prevent people from just bullrushing and grabbing them in 10 minutes, but this has crossed the (thin) line into "fucking me about" category.
9npqu8a7el431.jpg

Whoever decided that you can only get the Alien debrid things at night or when it rains should be shot. Nice mechanic to prevent people from just bullrushing and grabbing them in 10 minutes, but this has crossed the (thin) line into "fucking me about" category.
9npqu8a7el431.jpg
I don't even have a clue yet what you're on about. Probably haven't progressed far enough.

Yeah, good fucking luck. Getting them all sucks.

I almost finished all the challenges. Just the three special races (F40, Senna, and Goliath) left, and then some Skill challenges, which suck balls. (20 paint swap skills in 2 minutes? wtf...)

(20 paint swap skills in 2 minutes? wtf...)
What the actual... That doesn't sound fun.
I focused on speed traps, speed zones, bonus boards, danger signs,.. first.
Completed the Senna challenge this morning, still need to unlock the Goliath one.

Okay, so it's only 10 instead of 20... That's still a lot.
Also, there is a challenge to drive 110kmph in the Bugatti EB110, but those things go for 2mil in the auctionhouse...
EDIT: apparently I'm a big idiot, who didn't look properly, and thought they don't sell in the autoshow... dammit. (it's still 1.7mil over there, though).

Okay, so it's only 10 instead of 20... That's still a lot.
Also, there is a challenge to drive 110kmph in the Bugatti EB110, but those things go for 2mil in the auctionhouse...
EDIT: apparently I'm a big idiot, who didn't look properly, and thought they don't sell in the autoshow... dammit. (it's still 1.7mil over there, though).
Yeah still a lot indeed.
Look for auctions that are about to end, but be sure to keep refreshing constantly the last minute. There are vultures that will literally one-up you with only a few seconds left.

Yeah, I just said "fuck it", and bought one for 2mil. I still have 3.8mil left, but that hurt...
In other news:
yEWPorl.png

Only took me less than a week of gaming in evenings. Not exactly a meaty expansion...

Yeah, I just said "fuck it", and bought one for 2mil. I still have 3.8mil left, but that hurt...
In other news:
yEWPorl.png

Only took me less than a week of gaming in evenings. Not exactly a meaty expansion...
Nice! Looks like I still have a long way to go..

YiuAlsw.png

Back
Top Bottom