How to

SovareZza

Be Patient.

How do I make my uTorrent/any other downloads reflect this? I do not like that this is what I'm supposed to receive but I'm downloading at a peak of 1.8Mbps >.<

Well the way I understand it, utorrent download speeds depend on a multitude of things, such as seeders (people who have the entire file you need on their systems, this are where you're actually dling your file from), and peers (people downloading the file the same time you are, the seeds are split up between all of these people).
To get the most out of your internet, try to find torrents that have a high seed/peer ratio.

Also, download speeds depend on what part of the world you're downloading from. I see that you're in Aussie from the looks of it, meaning gravity functions opposite of the norm. loljk but seriously: try to find downloads hosted near/in aus.

OH also the number on speedtest.net is in Mb/s (megabit/s). I believe when you say you're downloading at a peak of 1.8Mb/s you actually mean you're downloading at 1.8 MegaBYTE/s (most places display download speed in this unit)

If you convert your 15.78Mb/s speed to MB/s it becomes 1.975MB/s

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1_____enUS493US493&ion=1&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&rlz=1C1_____enUS493US493&sclient=psy-ab&q=15.8Mb%2Fs%20to%20MB%2Fs&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=6cac8731b3eaff51&bpcl=39650382&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1280&bih=933

So you're actually downloading close to your true maximum already.

Back
Top Bottom