GTA Online General Discussion Thread

And they always spawn in front of you. Trying to escape by going top speed on the highway? Haha nope.

Man, there are tons of great modes like this you can do...
The regular version of Sumo is also possible: a flat roof, with two teams. First team to get pushed off loses. Bonuspoints if you put in a shitload of obstacles, such as a spinning arm, or a pusher, or a flipper.

Man, there are tons of great modes like this you can do...
The regular version of Sumo is also possible: a flat roof, with two teams. First team to get pushed off loses. Bonuspoints if you put in a shitload of obstacles, such as a spinning arm, or a pusher, or a flipper.
I love it, keep bringing me these ideas for the SA-MP server :biggrin:

I love it, keep bringing me these ideas for the SA-MP server :biggrin:
Do you remember that maze deathmatch in GTA:O? How about something similar: A maze, with weapons in it. in the center is the jetpack, to get out. The tricky part is to make it easy enough to find others, so the maze can't be very complex.

Do you remember that maze deathmatch in GTA:O? How about something similar: A maze, with weapons in it. in the center is the jetpack, to get out. The tricky part is to make it easy enough to find others, so the maze can't be very complex.
So the main goal is obtaining the jetpack? Sounds pretty cool. I'll have to first draw the maze on paper/excel before I start mapping it though.

So the main goal is obtaining the jetpack? Sounds pretty cool. I'll have to first draw the maze on paper/excel before I start mapping it though.
Well, the goal is escaping, but the only way out is with the jetpack. Another technical tricky element will be setting the win-condition (maybe a race, with the finish being up in the air?).

Here's another one to think about: if it's possible to measure how much damage a player does in a given period of time, another interesting game mode might be a FFA demolition derby. Give the players a truck, and set the loose on the street. The one with the most damage caused in, say, a minute, wins.

An overview of all Benny's car costs

tY85LOb.png

And that's just the upgrade costs. That's without the further upgrades, like Turbo, Suspension, any other visuals,...

Bunker is triple payout this week! (I'm not gonna bother, but someone here might)

So I took part in a GTA:O carmeet, yesterday. Basically, all players join a voicechat on a Discord server, and then meet up at a certain place with a car that fits the criteria (in this case, "european cars").
I gotta admit, I was... wildly unprepared for how organized this shit was. I roll up, expecting a few people milling about some cars, and then just go for a short drive. Instead, I roll up to a area that's completely fenced off by SWAT vans, with two attack choppers hovering overhead. When I drove through the one gap in the van-fence, I am halted by no less than 4 guys in military clothes, pointing machine guns at me, who are typing "GET OUT OF THE CAR" in the chat. After I get out, they demand I open all doors, trunk, and hood, I guess to check if it wasn't a carbomb. Once cleared, I was "allowed entry" (literally, they typed "you're allowed to enter" in chat), and I park my car.

One of the other persons there kept firing their flaregun and fireworks launcher. The "security" team (what they called themselves), kept telling them to "put away their weapons, or risk getting shot" (again, verbatim). And yeah, when they didn't listen, they got sniped by a fucking sniper they had setup for these kinds of things.
And of course, when someone rolled up but didn't get out of their car fast enough, it resulted in some pretty hectic typing and capslock messages in the chat, and eventually, gunfire. The offending player's car was then removed by a Cargobob, which was apparently on standby for these kinds of things.

I had to leave before the meet fully ended, but I read some chats in the discord server this morning, and I wasn't disappointed. From what I read, someone was "providing security" in a Hydra, but it got damaged, and blew up? Which resulted in the dude having a fucking meltdown, trying to find who had shot him down (hint, it was no-one).

All in all, it was pretty fun, the other cars were dope to see. But goddamn, that "Security team" took their jobs really fucking serious.

So I took part in a GTA:O carmeet, yesterday. Basically, all players join a voicechat on a Discord server, and then meet up at a certain place with a car that fits the criteria (in this case, "european cars").
I gotta admit, I was... wildly unprepared for how organized this shit was. I roll up, expecting a few people milling about some cars, and then just go for a short drive. Instead, I roll up to a area that's completely fenced off by SWAT vans, with two attack choppers hovering overhead. When I drove through the one gap in the van-fence, I am halted by no less than 4 guys in military clothes, pointing machine guns at me, who are typing "GET OUT OF THE CAR" in the chat. After I get out, they demand I open all doors, trunk, and hood, I guess to check if it wasn't a carbomb. Once cleared, I was "allowed entry" (literally, they typed "you're allowed to enter" in chat), and I park my car.

One of the other persons there kept firing their flaregun and fireworks launcher. The "security" team (what they called themselves), kept telling them to "put away their weapons, or risk getting shot" (again, verbatim). And yeah, when they didn't listen, they got sniped by a fucking sniper they had setup for these kinds of things.
And of course, when someone rolled up but didn't get out of their car fast enough, it resulted in some pretty hectic typing and capslock messages in the chat, and eventually, gunfire. The offending player's car was then removed by a Cargobob, which was apparently on standby for these kinds of things.

I had to leave before the meet fully ended, but I read some chats in the discord server this morning, and I wasn't disappointed. From what I read, someone was "providing security" in a Hydra, but it got damaged, and blew up? Which resulted in the dude having a fucking meltdown, trying to find who had shot him down (hint, it was no-one).

All in all, it was pretty fun, the other cars were dope to see. But goddamn, that "Security team" took their jobs really fucking serious.
Damn that sounds awesome, especially how organized they were. Fortunately a modder didn't join the session. Meanwhile I spent a few hours late last night (early this morning really) toying around with the BMX in online.

New update releasing in 7 minutes!
Sadly I won't be able to play until tonight, going to the track. (which is fun of course, but the heat is a bummer)

Back
Top Bottom