[GTA IV] GTA IV Discussion

Re: GTA IV Discussion

I'm not worried about it, I have better things I need to spend my money on. Buying computer parts is near the bottom of my list. Plus I can't find a socket 939 CPU anymore...I guess they are old now.

I played IV on PC and tbh, I don't like it, here's my opinion

- GTA IV = GTA3 with better graphix and other story; so why not

- GTA blablabla = GTA SA with better graphix and other story :biggrin:

im buying better cpu and processor so i can play it on reconmended =]

yall feggets you be addin me on da live profile pl0x, eh?

Andre9977 for ya! I be playing active agen!

gta 4 isnt that fun, it lost the whole "unrealistic" violence that GTA SA focuses on.

Finally got myself a good laptop to handle the specs
Asus K56CB i7
Intel® Core™ i7-3537U Processor (4 MB Cache, 2.0 GHz)
6 GB RAM
750 GB HDD
GeForce GT 740M

I can easily run the game on medium settings with 0 lagg and even on high it will run alright. The thing is that after 10-15 mins of playing my computer gets really hot :( Since it's a new computer and it cost me 700 euros, I think i won't be playing GTA IV too much :( Anyway I really like the game and don't really care about the missing parts like countryside, planes, retarded missions etc. I'm sure they all will be in next games and IV is just a way to show the the new engine and all new gadgets. I really really hope they will reduce the graphics details for GTA V otherwise I'm gonna have to buy a console :( I haven't really tried running IV on low settings yet. Hope it works and I can finish the game :tongue:

Try getting a cooling pad. It may look silly, but your PC will cool down considerably. I had the same specs (only a crappier graphics card) and I could run it on High just fine. I even could install several mods, but the taxi bug was incurable for me :(

Stybar said:
Try getting a cooling pad. It may look silly, but your PC will cool down considerably. I had the same specs (only a crappier graphics card) and I could run it on High just fine. I even could install several mods, but the taxi bug was incurable for me :(
Check, taxi bug here too.
And follow Stybar's advice.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Taxi bug is curable, but it requires an insane amount of RAM.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Taxi bug is curable, but it requires an insane amount of RAM.
I have 16 of them and it still isn't enough.

Taxi bug happens when you install mods? Because for me the game is fine

ohh and btw my favorite thing about the game is the driving. so so good :)

No, the problem is that when you install more than 10 mods, GTAIV thinks it has to load to many polygons. It reasons that it has to use up too much RAM (even though you have enough), so it just generates taxis to save RAM. The fix is to raise GTAIV's limit of how much RAM it can use, but that new limit is being set incredibly high. Just don't install too many mods, and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom