General chit-chat

Ethically, I would say I would too.
On the other hand, from what I hear, the animation (and VA) business is incredibly competitive. If you refuse something, you're out, and replaced within the day...

Ethically, I would say I would too.
On the other hand, from what I hear, the animation (and VA) business is incredibly competitive. If you refuse something, you're out, and replaced within the day...
It's the same in the visual effects business I heard. The guys behind special effects in most movies are severely underpaid.

Re-ordered my 17 year old sunglasses after they got stolen last month.. Fortunately I found them on a website for "only" 75 (+€10 shipping to Belgium).
If you buy them at an optician you're looking at €150. Let's hope I'll do another 17 years with these.

I mean, €150 for a pair of decent sunglasses is still pretty doable, IMO. Mine cost... quite a bit more than that.

Nearing 100k image uploads on imgur. So scared they’ll suspend my account or something :biggrin: it’s why I back-up weekly.

It's the same in the visual effects business I heard. The guys behind special effects in most movies are severely underpaid.

Re-ordered my 17 year old sunglasses after they got stolen last month.. Fortunately I found them on a website for "only" 75 (+€10 shipping to Belgium).
If you buy them at an optician you're looking at €150. Let's hope I'll do another 17 years with these.
I'm an idiot. Accidentally had ordered only the glasses itself (no frame). Re-ordered for the cheapest price I could find (€125).

I'm an idiot. Accidentally had ordered only the glasses itself (no frame). Re-ordered for the cheapest price I could find (€125).
Welp, time to break out the metal wire and welder, then :biggrin:

Not only Reddit is down, Imgur is as well (you can't upload atm). Someday in the future all images on TMS will be self-hosted. It'll be good to be 100% independent.

Really enjoyed myself in the Ardennes the past three days! Cabin definitely exceeded my expectations. Took a pit-stop at my parents place and will be able to catch up on posting a bit by tonight.

669C663B-FFC7-4DA2-9737-946A69A73F92.jpeg

NGL, that looked a lot like some ramshackle boards piled against eachother, on first glance.
Looks incredible, indeed.

NGL, that looked a lot like some ramshackle boards piled against eachother, on first glance.
Looks incredible, indeed.
Interior was also really nice imo.

ymrLfiu.jpg

Yeeeaaahhhhh... I'm gonna need a link for that. My vacation is coming up, and I've got nothing in terms of destination. Everything is shut down.

Oh man, the first possible availability for the 2-man cabins is in December.

Not that far away right? I'm sure it would still be fun then.
Yeah, but I can't get any days off, then :biggrin: I've got 3 weeks in October, one in November, that's it.
Decided not to take any days around Christmas, I'm guessing that the usual family parties aren't gonna be happening anyway (thank god).

My current wallpaper-uploading-process is pretty time-consuming.
Since I've "ran out" of 3840x2160 wallpapers I'm attacking the 12K images in "Larger than 4k but smaller than 8k" folder.

For every 100 images I:
  1. Run them through two quality checks (first one is just deleting the once I don't like, the second one is more thorough and not done within the same time period)
  2. Do a duplicate check
  3. Resize to 3840 in width
  4. Open all 100 images in Photoshop and try to crop the height without ruining the photo
  5. Move the wallpapers that can't be cropped to a dedicated folder
  6. Move the wallpapers that are successfully cropped to a dedicated folder
  7. Do a third quality check on those images (once again deleting wallpapers that don't match in quality, are too sketchy,...)
  8. Upload to imgur
  9. Post on TMS

You could use a bot to solve several steps, but the cropping and QA checks are gonna be manual, I'm afraid...

Back
Top Bottom