Futurama [1999-2013]

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
While in the process of re-watching the entire series I discovered that there wasn't a dedicated Futurama thread yet. This ends today.

t4OKgos.png

This series, like most animated series, has aged surprisingly well. I've only re-watched S01E01 and left with a satisfied feeling after many laughs.

Some of my favorite jokes from the first episode:

"Do not tip delivery boy!"
kuMwE3K.png

The door that kept hitting Fry. (upon first seeing the door he is amazed by the technology behind it, then it hits him right in the head)
zoNUjlE.png

The perfect work motivation.
W97StEM.png

Not really a joke, but I like that the 3-eyes nuclear Simpsons fish is normal in the year 3000.
vR279jw.png

The suicide booth.
tdyUQE7.png

Futurama is filled with crazy details. The writers featured several physics and maths doctors. There is even a episode where Farnsworth invents a theorem, and it's officially recognized as a legit theorem. It's called the Futurama Theorem.

Futurama is filled with crazy details. The writers featured several physics and maths doctors. There is even a episode where Farnsworth invents a theorem, and it's officially recognized as a legit theorem. It's called the Futurama Theorem.
Damn, that's impressive. I also found out that the writing crew cumulatively had more than 50 years at Harvard University. (2 Ph D's, 7 masters)

Forgot to share some great jokes from S01E01

Feeding the "dead" presidents' heads like fish.
ID1ufCn.png

Bender's arms suddenly falling off after claiming he can bend anything
pCDwbWc.png

This one was pretty subtle: Bender literally shitting bricks
PoOnNik.jpg

The map in which the professor keeps the old crew's job chips.
0Przh2J.png

Was that envellope in S01E01? Cuz that's pretty neat, since it'll come back.

Also, Bender shitting bricks is a returning gag.

Was that envellope in S01E01? Cuz that's pretty neat, since it'll come back.

Also, Bender shitting bricks is a returning gag.
Lovely, looking forward to more!
And yes this all was in S01E01

Watched S01E02 this morning, again a really solid episode. (I expect nothing less from the rest of the season)

Some great jokes in this one as well.

After Fry asks if the giant birds are real and the professor says "Of course not!", he enters his kitchen alone to make some eggs.
qPlhsEu.png

Hermes switches the sign from "Sorry, We're Closed" to "Sorry, We're Open".
a7CMEDF.png

On Fry asking for a human doctor to Zoidberg:
"Young lady! I'm an expert on humans!"
pqGozpa.png

Bender's head distracting everyone so he can steal Wong's wallet.
BSFPPfn.png

The introduction of the most famous Bender quote.
"I'm gonna build my own theme park.. with blacjack.. and hookers!"
fEZnzuD.png

Just watched S01E03, below some of my favorite stuff from the episode.

Farnsworth: (about Fry) "Oh, fuff! He's not causing any trouble. Now, if you don't mind, I'm rather busy. I seem to have mislaid my alien mummy. This sarcophagus should contain the remains of Emperor Nimballa, who ruled Zuban 5 over 29 million years ago."

0RtqDr2.jpg

Fry: "Hey, Professor, great jerky!"
Farnsworth: "My God, this is an outrage! I was going to eat that mummy! Fry has got to go!"

l2U0tYq.png

Bender's room number.

FqwTerS.png

M. C. Escher apartment.

sAdNGNA.jpg

Amy falling dramatically after Fry throws the miniature banana peel on the floor.

laUMt8o.png

Robot cop: You call that an antenna?

ljudwSa.jpg

Bender revealing "the closet".

ttWWNrB.png

Back
Top Bottom