F1 Discussion Formula One General Discussion

8mm and 1.43 grams.

Am I the only one who is absolutely gobsmacked by that? That's absolutely insanely tiny. Like, ricegrain tiny. For a full fledged camera? It'll be shit quality, probably, but still.

8mm and 1.43 grams.

Am I the only one who is absolutely gobsmacked by that? That's absolutely insanely tiny. Like, ricegrain tiny. For a full fledged camera? It'll be shit quality, probably, but still.
Quality is still pretty good actually.

Full on denial statement from AlphaTauri

flgWZax.jpeg

A bit meta, so I'm posting it here:

The 5 second (or rather all penalties where seconds are being deducted) is not a proper way to punish drivers.

A car which is 10 seconds in front of the car behind him isn't gonna care about those 5 seconds.
However a car which is 2 seconds in front of his next opponent, will actually lose a place.
Space together 5/6/7 cars in a timespan of 5 seconds and the result is even worse.

In my opinion they should just get rid of time-based-penalties and hand out "grid drops".

Well, it'll depend on the offense, I suppose. Dropping a car with an 9 second lead that cuts a corner back a position seems wildly unfair.

I am fan of the way Gran Turismo handles it: if you get a penalty, you're forced to drive that amount of time at low speed at certain spots on the track. Wildly more dangerous IRL, of course, but it does make for a more impactful punishment.

Well, it'll depend on the offense, I suppose. Dropping a car with an 9 second lead that cuts a corner back a position seems wildly unfair.

I am fan of the way Gran Turismo handles it: if you get a penalty, you're forced to drive that amount of time at low speed at certain spots on the track. Wildly more dangerous IRL, of course, but it does make for a more impactful punishment.
I get why you're a fan of this punishment, but agreed: it's too dangerous irl.

About time they fixed this.

Translation:

The 2024 Formula 1 calendar must look quite different. Behind the scenes, work is underway to regionalize the list. The F1 top wants to get rid of illogical combinations such as Baku-Miami and Vegas-Abu Dhabi, also with a view to sustainability goals.

After Andretti getting denied, Lewis going to Hamilton, it's time for the next bombshell.

[@ErikvHaren] NEWS: Red Bull has launched an independent investigation after allegations of inappropriate behavior by team boss Christian Horner. The company confirmed this after questions from De Telegraaf: "We take this very seriously." Horner himself denies it.

Back
Top Bottom