Feedback on this desktop please

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Might buy it if you guys don't see any bad things with it.

http://webshop.eurosys.be/en/computers/pcs/hp-envy-h8-1509eb-d2l29eauug-p386280

g9psAGR.png

Inb4 compose your own desktop, I prefer a pre-build one.

What Impulse said. Also, build a custom rig, you'll save a lot.
Also, you might want to invest in an SSD because that shit's amazing.

Impulse said:
For 1000 Euros? No. Simply overpriced for what you get.

Panki said:
What Impulse said. Also, build a custom rig, you'll save a lot.
Also, you might want to invest in an SSD because that shit's amazing.

Could you guys perhaps help me pick a good setup with http://pcpartpicker.com ?

What I do know is, I want;

Storage: Plextor M5S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $86.99
Second HDD: 7200RPM (500GB is enough, I have 4 external teras) | Help me select one please :3
Optical Drive: Maybe this one? Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer only 20$
Operating system: none I guess? I have 64bit Windows laying around thanks to TPB
16 GB of descent RAM | Help me select one please :3
Video card: nvidia please, 2GB VRAM | Help me select one please :3

What I don't know;

• Power Supply
  • Motherboard
  • CPU Cooler
  • Case

Extra: I need USB 3.0 and HDMI.

Would be awesome if you guys could help.

Budget = €1000

As I stated before, I don't know much about hardware. Mine was picked by a friend.

After scouring the web for hours only to find the same setup but more expensive with the shipping costs.. Fuck it, I'm going to buy the HP, get a 100€ discount so gonna buy an SDD as well.

Mave said:
After scouring the web for hours only to find the same setup but more expensive with the shipping costs.. Fuck it, I'm going to buy the HP, get a 100€ discount so gonna buy an SDD as well.
I assembled (almost) the same PC at azerty.nl. It would cost 750 euros. An extra 60 euros for them to assemble and then an extra 25 euros of shipping costs to Belgium. Which leads to a grand total of roughly 835 euros. Still quite a bit of room left for improvements. You could easily buy a better GPU with the spare money you have left (also considering the GPU is 80 euros).

Small sidenote; azerty.nl is quite expensive compared to other webshops.

Impulse said:
Mave said:
I assembled (almost) the same PC at azerty.nl. It would cost 750 euros. An extra 60 euros for them to assemble and then an extra 25 euros of shipping costs to Belgium. Which leads to a grand total of roughly 835 euros. Still quite a bit of room left for improvements. You could easily buy a better GPU with the spare money you have left (also considering the GPU is 80 euros).

Too late, I bought it :|
But I'm really happy with it + I got a three year warranty.

Mave said:
Impulse said:
Mave said:

Too late, I bought it :|
But I'm really happy with it + I got a three year warranty.

Which you wouldn't have if you put it together yourself.

I'm looking for a new PC as well, but I think I'll look for a laptop instead (easier for me, since I'm always traveling between dorm and home).
Imp, got any good dutch sites that sell and ship cheap to Belgium? Belgian sites don't sell QWERTY keyboards, so I'm obligated to go to Dutch sites. However, if the shipping is extremely expensive, it's not worth the trouble.

http://tweakers.net/categorie/496/laptops/producten/

Not a webshop, but more or less a comparing site with almost every Dutch webshop. Just choose the specs you want for your laptop and you'll have a list of remaining laptops. Click on a laptop you like for a list of webshops whom sell it (cheapost one on the top). Though you will have to check if each webshop ships to Belgium.

Back
Top Bottom