Fan-Made Fan made GTA VI maps

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Posted this yesterday on Discord already but posting it here again since I love this concept.

TNFDo3Z.jpg

• Actual desert
  • Multiple cities
  • Multiple airports
  • A proper need for boats
  • A proper need for aircrafts

Last edited:
I'd rather not see los santos again, I prefer an entire new world altogether
Of course that'd be neater, these maps are more of an expansion for GTA V. I agree that LS again would get boring.

I hate the idea that big map=good, every single fanmade map follows that logic.

Even San Andreas (GTA SA) wasn't that big, but it was designed to feel that way which also worked super well.

I hate the idea that big map=good, every single fanmade map follows that logic.

Even San Andreas (GTA SA) wasn't that big, but it was designed to feel that way which also worked super well.

This is exactly why I dislike maps like The Crew 2, the world is INSANELY huge, yet always feels empty somehow.
We need a perfect combination of map size and detail. (and I wouldn't mind if that map was to be bigger than V)

Yeah, it looks great, but it's gonna depend on how easy it is to navigate that map. I mean, a 3 hour travel time between cities will be very annoying if you have to do it often. The airports might work, but it'll depend on how easy those airports are to reach.
Say, in GTAV, you have to drive from Franklin's house, all the way to LSIA, to then grab a plane, and then drive a similar distance, from the target airport to your final destination? It sounds doable, but if you have to do this, say, 4 times every time you play, it will become annoying very soon.

Yeah, it looks great, but it's gonna depend on how easy it is to navigate that map. I mean, a 3 hour travel time between cities will be very annoying if you have to do it often. The airports might work, but it'll depend on how easy those airports are to reach.
Say, in GTAV, you have to drive from Franklin's house, all the way to LSIA, to then grab a plane, and then drive a similar distance, from the target airport to your final destination? It sounds doable, but if you have to do this, say, 4 times every time you play, it will become annoying very soon.
I hope that if the map turns out to be this big you'll only have to travel really so far once in a while.
On the other hand boats and planes might finally become useful.

I hope that if the map turns out to be this big you'll only have to travel really so far once in a while.
On the other hand boats and planes might finally become useful.
Yes, but then you still have the problem of it becoming boring very quickly.
I mean, take GTA:O (again). Try flying from LSIA to the top of the map. It's a long flight, and since it's just going straight, you just hold the throttle the entire time. If you double the length, it'll just become more boring.

I like the concept of a city surrounded by the island, instead of LS' southern position. Although it does mean you don't have a sizable port to speak of.

It has a theme park.

Fuck yes.

Image a large, assault-type mission there, where you have to attack some defenders holed up around the park. That would be awesome.

It has a theme park.

Fuck yes.

Image a large, assault-type mission there, where you have to attack some defenders holed up around the park. That would be awesome.

It's a great addition indeed. I also like the space center, dirt track and the military base being an island.

The problem with maps like these is that guarding the borders is a nightmare. So far, all the GTA games have had an island map, because it's easy to work in an infinite ocean as a de facto border. Other games make it work using tall mountains, but I don't believe Rockstar will do something like that: they'll go for an island map.

The problem with maps like these is that guarding the borders is a nightmare. So far, all the GTA games have had an island map, because it's easy to work in an infinite ocean as a de facto border. Other games make it work using tall mountains, but I don't believe Rockstar will do something like that: they'll go for an island map.
Well in RDR2 you have the mountains, but I agree that a sea is much better. I'd still like this map with water around the edges though.

I'd add a couple of extra bridges, though. Just one bridge is too narrow of a connection.

Back
Top Bottom