IMDB 8.4/10
Rotten Tomatoes 95/100
Metacritic 72/100

Details

Creators: Dan Goor, Michael Schur
Stars: Andy Samberg, Stephanie Beatriz, Terry Crews
Released Seasons: 8
Average Episode Length: 21min
Description: "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" follows the exploits of hilarious Det. Jake Peralta and his diverse, lovable colleagues as they police the NYPD's 99th Precinct.

WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW
Proceed with caution.

One of my favorite quotes from the series.

Do I look like Jake to you?

dNB6PeT.jpg

If you ever rewatch an episode, pay some attention to the actors in the background. Most of the scenes are partly improvised, and you can see some of the actors hide their laughs.
Most notably this scene. You can see Rosa hide her mouth behind her hand at 0:36.

Also, the episode on the cruise ship? Melissa Fumero was very pregnant, which is why she's always wearing very loose shirts, holding a large bag, or only being shown from the chest up.

If you ever rewatch an episode, pay some attention to the actors in the background. Most of the scenes are partly improvised, and you can see some of the actors hide their laughs.
Most notably this scene. You can see Rosa hide her mouth behind her hand at 0:36.

Also, the episode on the cruise ship? Melissa Fumero was very pregnant, which is why she's always wearing very loose shirts, holding a large bag, or only being shown from the chest up.

Oh wow, both great details! Had no idea she was pregnant during those scenes.

Classic Holt.

c3Laswu.png

My favorite Holt/Rosa moment is when he returns her bra. Their faces are glorious.

It's season 2, episode 11.
TBH, I had trouble finding it as well, until I went through the actual episodes with Nick Cannon in the credits.

If you think about it, that line is kinda funny in retrospect.

Rosa later says she got closer to her family after going to jail, which she is running from in this scene

If you think about it, that line is kinda funny in retrospect.

Rosa later says she got closer to her family after going to jail, which she is running from in this scene
I completely forgot about this. When is the new season coming out anyway? IMDB just says "2021".

No idea. All I know is that it's gonna be the last season.

Solid logic Netflix, just cancel all good shows early.
I don't think it was Netflix, it was the writers who decided to pull the plug. They said they couldn't keep the quality up for more than 1 season.

And TBF, the last few seasons are less than the first 5, so I'm glad they stop now before it goes full TBBT or HMIYM.

I don't think it was Netflix, it was the writers who decided to pull the plug. They said they couldn't keep the quality up for more than 1 season.

And TBF, the last few seasons are less than the first 5, so I'm glad they stop now before it goes full TBBT or HMIYM.
Fair point then, I thought they (Netflix) just decided to randomly pull the plug like they did with Mindhunter. (still pissed about that one)

Fair point then, I thought they (Netflix) just decided to randomly pull the plug like they did with Mindhunter. (still pissed about that one)
I'm still pissed about Dirk Gently's. Great series, with a open ending, ripe for a season 3. But they pulled it :(

Just saw S08E01 yesterday, what the hell was that??
Why did they have to lean in into current events so much? The first few minutes were all a bit much, and the episode didn't get much better imo.
The entire episode felt "off".

Yeah, the 1st and 6th episode are kinda... hamfisted. I get what point they're trying to make, and it was probably written in a hurry after the whole BLM protest thing happened in the US, but still. Not great episodes. Don't worry, the rest is good, classic B99.

Yeah, the 1st and 6th episode are kinda... hamfisted. I get what point they're trying to make, and it was probably written in a hurry after the whole BLM protest thing happened in the US, but still. Not great episodes. Don't worry, the rest is good, classic B99.
Good to hear! We'll be watching E02 (and possibly more) tonight.

Back
Top Bottom