[Advice]Sound System

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
So, I just got my paycheck from my work, and I want to buy a nice sound installation for my dorm. I'm talking about simple surround systems like this.
Also, I have 4 speakers laying around, all working, but I need an amplifier to make them work. But then I wouldn't have a subwoofer :(
Should I buy a new system with sub, or should I invest in a amp without sub?
My budget is 150€, any advice?
PS, my knowledge of speakers and sound systems is not that great, so be gentle please.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Is there no way to connect those speakers to a simple surround system you would buy?
I myself do not have a subwoofer, but I have huge speakers and an amplifier, it's great but you have to REALLY turn up the volume until there's some bass.

SovareZza

Be Patient.
You want the subwoofer man, I'm telling you.

I have that speaker system you linked too and honestly it's great. But you just can't have it without the sub. You can't have any music without the sub.

So get a subwoofer.

Stybar

SovareZza said:
You want the subwoofer man, I'm telling you.
I know, I like bass D:
question: is it possible to hook up the extra boxes to the system instead of the normal boxes? the ones I got are a bit more powerfull (60W), so I don't know if it's possible...

Stybar

Sorry for the double post.
I have decided, and bought this. Expensive, but worth it. 500W make my eardrums scream for mercy.
Thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom