2017 PC upgrade complete

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
My last PC update was almost two years ago, so I decided last week to invest in a major update.

Basically everything except for storage, power supply, and the case got upgraded.

Upgrades:
  • CPU: i7 3770 to i7 7700k
  • CPU Cooler: Basic cooler to Noctua NH-D15
  • Motherboard: Basic MB (IPMMB-FM) to Asus PRIME Z270-P ATX LGA 1151
  • RAM: Basic 16GB (DDR3-1600) to Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x 16GB DDR4-3000)
  • GFX: GTX 970 to MSI GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8GB OC
"Older" components:
  • Storage: 2x SSD (Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB & Samsung 840 Pro 128GB) + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
  • Case: Fractal Design Define R5
  • PSU: Corsair CX750M

Quick photo to show off the cramped inside right now (the CPU cooler is MASSIVE)

... and I still can't max out GTA V with constant 60FPS :laugh: (get dips to high 40s sometimes if MSAA is on the highest option)

So yeah no upgrades for me the next 5 years, or my wallet will kill me.

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
How did the upgrade go with Windows, Mave? I've heard horror stories about people upgrading a GPU, and then finding out their Windows isn't valid anymore because "fuck you we're microsoft haha".

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Stybar said:
How did the upgrade go with Windows, Mave? I've heard horror stories about people upgrading a GPU, and then finding out their Windows isn't valid anymore because "fuck you we're microsoft haha".
Holy shit Sty :mellow:
My Windows started saying it was not genuine after the upgrade... I didn't make the connection because I thought it was a Windows update that snuck in through all the driver updates I had to do. But now I realize that my Windows was genuine all along..
Fuck me, guess I have no choice but to use some shitty tool like Microsoft Toolkit right now.

Stybar

So the horror stories are true? Microsoft just tells you "haha suck a dick buy a new key"?

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Stybar said:
So the horror stories are true? Microsoft just tells you "haha suck a dick buy a new key"?
That was my first thought when I booted last week. However I just booted again yesterday because I was home, played GTA for 2 hours, and no message popped up.
Hoping it somehow fixed itself.

Stybar

Mave said:
Stybar said:
That was my first thought when I booted last week. However I just booted again yesterday because I was home, played GTA for 2 hours, and no message popped up.
Hoping it somehow fixed itself.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Activated again, thank God for KMS Pico!

https://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/65739-KMSpico-Official-Thread

Top Bottom