Series: General Discussion

GF and I started watching The Expanse, after I repeatedly kept seeing online comments about how great it was.
And it is! We're only in the start of the second season, but it's insanely intriguing. Some of the plot points are visible from a mile away, but that's only a few.

Fun (or well, not so fun) side note: I was watching through the reviews of the second season's opening, and one stood out to me. The episode in questions introduces some new characters; a group of Marines. And two of those marines are female.

Can you guess why the review was negative?

It got funnier when the guy started explaining that "he was a marine himself, and female soldiers is completely unrealistic". I can guarantee you though, the guy has not been a marine in the Martian Marine Corps in the 24th century.
Such a smooth-brained comment. I couldn't help but laugh.
I just can't comprehend how people like him are gatekeeping their profession in a TELEVISION SERIES.

Better Call Saul season 6 is out (first two episodes). Only saw one so far but it feels so good to have this series back. (albeit for the last time)

I'm absolutely loving the new season of Better Call Saul, next week's episode can't come soon enough.

No, although I don't care about GOT.
Reviews on IMDB are promising, though. 9.0+

Apparently, he walked due to creative differences with the directors/writers.

And Cavill is a massive fan of the original Witcher material. If the writing is bad enough/too deviant from the source material for Cavill to go "this is bullshit", I think season 4 will be.... not good.

I feel bad for Hemsworth, though. He could put down the performance of a lifetime, but I'm certain he'll get shit on relentlessly for simply not being Cavill.

Apparently, he walked due to creative differences with the directors/writers.

And Cavill is a massive fan of the original Witcher material. If the writing is bad enough/too deviant from the source material for Cavill to go "this is bullshit", I think season 4 will be.... not good.

I feel bad for Hemsworth, though. He could put down the performance of a lifetime, but I'm certain he'll get shit on relentlessly for simply not being Cavill.
Either way the show is pretty much doomed now.

Desperate attempt from Netflix to try and get us on their side.

Apparently their source is... one woman's tweet, which has since been deleted, and the entire thing walked back.

Been watching The White Lotus with the gf, finished 5 of 6 episodes (season 1).
We've been enjoying it so far, although the series certainly is.. odd.

Started watching Wednesday, the reboot/reimagining/Burtonization of The Addams Family.

It's great, so far. It's hilariously two-toned. On one hand, it has over-the-top, bullshit teenage highschool romance drama. Except for the fact that the main character doesn't really give a shit, and is more interested in solving the major murder mystery.
It's great to see the whole love triangle unfold, with both boys going "oohhh, he's no good for you, you should go with me, blahblahblah," only for Wednesday to basically say "I don't give a fuck, what about these monster attacks though?"
I haven't finished the series yet (although it's only 8 episodes), but I hope that it keeps it up. It's hilarious to see.

Started watching Wednesday, the reboot/reimagining/Burtonization of The Addams Family.

It's great, so far. It's hilariously two-toned. On one hand, it has over-the-top, bullshit teenage highschool romance drama. Except for the fact that the main character doesn't really give a shit, and is more interested in solving the major murder mystery.
It's great to see the whole love triangle unfold, with both boys going "oohhh, he's no good for you, you should go with me, blahblahblah," only for Wednesday to basically say "I don't give a fuck, what about these monster attacks though?"
I haven't finished the series yet (although it's only 8 episodes), but I hope that it keeps it up. It's hilarious to see.
Had to look up the main lead because she looks so young. Birth year: 2002. Damn.
Let me know your opinion after you finish the entire season, curious about this one.

The ratings are in.

3xCiUfs.jpeg

Yeah, apparently it's... really bad. AFAIK, they completely deviated from the books?

Also, it apparently features stolen artwork in the background, somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom