Movies: General Discussion

Watching Cleopatra https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056937/ at the moment. Will finish it tomorrow, 3 hours and 15 minutes is too long for me in the middle of the week to watch in one go. Pretty good so far, reminds me a lot of Lawrence of Arabia.
Just finished the movie. I was amazed by the detail in sets and extras. Truly something I had never seen before. However the movie is still a bit too long imo. Will write a proper review soon.

Curious, it appears that the IMBD plugin shows the translated titles, instead of the original.
1641382564735.png

I saw Encanto, the latest Disney movie. It's good.
Of course, they can't go 15 minutes without breaking into song, but I still enjoyed watching it. Some of the twists were easy to spot, and it's a basic feel-good disney story, but what else did you expect from a Disney movie? It's made for kids.

Still, it had some good jokes, and it was generally enjoyable to watch. Definitely one of the better 3D Disney movies (looking at you, Frozen II).

Curious, it appears that the IMBD plugin shows the translated titles, instead of the original.
View attachment 176

I saw Encanto, the latest Disney movie. It's good.
Of course, they can't go 15 minutes without breaking into song, but I still enjoyed watching it. Some of the twists were easy to spot, and it's a basic feel-good disney story, but what else did you expect from a Disney movie? It's made for kids.

Still, it had some good jokes, and it was generally enjoyable to watch. Definitely one of the better 3D Disney movies (looking at you, Frozen II).
Yeah, that's odd indeed.
Since I have a daughter now the smartest thing to do is probably skip every Disney movie, in a few years they'll be on repeat in our living room anyway :biggrin:

Yeah, that's odd indeed.
Since I have a daughter now the smartest thing to do is probably skip every Disney movie, in a few years they'll be on repeat in our living room anyway :biggrin:
You better learn her English real fucking fast, or your stuck with godawful Dutch dubs *shudder*.

You better learn her English real fucking fast, or your stuck with godawful Dutch dubs *shudder*.
That's the plan! I already downloaded a ton of Disney movies in English :biggrin:
Trouble is finding subs for some of them.

Oh, I don't download a movie until I'm certain I can find subs.

worst case scenario, you can use a SRT sync tool, like https://subshifter.bitsnbites.eu. Takes some work, but you'll have perfect subtitles.
All of them have English subs, trouble is finding Dutch subs. Of course English suffices for me, but probably not for a 5(?) year old child. (no idea when children start to read)

All of them have English subs, trouble is finding Dutch subs. Of course English suffices for me, but probably not for a 5(?) year old child. (no idea when children start to read)
I think you'd be surprised. GF's cousin is 8, and is perfectly capable of reading the English text in Zelda games. At least, he'll get the gist of it.

I think you'd be surprised. GF's cousin is 8, and is perfectly capable of reading the English text in Zelda games. At least, he'll get the gist of it.
Good to hear, only 7 more years and 4 months :biggrin:

I really think that the "new generation" of Jurassic Park movies looks fake as fuck. The CGI is crap. The OG trilogy looked amazing. And no, it's not just nostalgia talking. Just take a look at this new trailer:

I really think that the "new generation" of Jurassic Park movies looks fake as fuck. The CGI is crap. The OG trilogy looked amazing. And no, it's not just nostalgia talking. Just take a look at this new trailer:
The OG has no CGI. Its all practical. They talked about it on several Corridor Crew videos, it's crazy how advanced and realistic those T-Rex models were.

The OG has no CGI. Its all practical. They talked about it on several Corridor Crew videos, it's crazy how advanced and realistic those T-Rex models were.
AFAIK they do use some, but 99% is practical. I just don't get why studios switch to CGI when it looks worse. Money probably.

Back
Top Bottom