Criticism of Capitalism

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Discussing with @Stybar how every rich person basically cheated their way up, I decided a topic like this would be appropriate.

JAZIK5T.jpg

One thing I do commend Bill Gates for, is that he (appearently) raised his kids to be self-sufficient. No depending on dad's money.

I know a guy my dad worked for. Pretty high up in the hierarchy, made about 7 figures a year. And still, he drove an old, ratty Volvo, and travelled with an old beat up suitcase. Why? Because he was terrified of showing his wealth, and people kidnapping his family for ransom.

nc97yo3yl7471.jpg

One thing I do commend Bill Gates for, is that he (appearently) raised his kids to be self-sufficient. No depending on dad's money.

I know a guy my dad worked for. Pretty high up in the hierarchy, made about 7 figures a year. And still, he drove an old, ratty Volvo, and travelled with an old beat up suitcase. Why? Because he was terrified of showing his wealth, and people kidnapping his family for ransom.

nc97yo3yl7471.jpg
At least in some Scandinavian countries your fines are based on your income.
That is until you get to the super-rich, they'll always find a way around thing sadly.

iw9Bi88.png

Fucking with taxes is a major reason a lot of those guys stay rich. Companies too. Apple paid jack shit in taxes, despite having one of the biggest incomes in the world.

IIRC, IKEA even has a specific setup where all profits are dumped into a non-profit organization as a "donation", so they don't have to pay taxes for it. That non-profit is managed, of course, by the Kamprad family.

Fucking with taxes is a major reason a lot of those guys stay rich. Companies too. Apple paid jack shit in taxes, despite having one of the biggest incomes in the world.

IIRC, IKEA even has a specific setup where all profits are dumped into a non-profit organization as a "donation", so they don't have to pay taxes for it. That non-profit is managed, of course, by the Kamprad family.
When is the world finally gonna end this shit? Hopefully soon: https://www.theguardian.com/busines...tionals-to-disclose-tax-piling-pressure-on-uk This is only the EU though.

"well, you see, there wasn't any room in the budget to give our employees a proper raise! Everything already went to the bonuses of the C-level!"

The second one is kinda okay. A bit sappy, but still a nice message.
That third one though. I'd do a 360 and moonwalk right out of that door. Holy shit.

The second one is kinda okay. A bit sappy, but still a nice message.
That third one though. I'd do a 360 and moonwalk right out of that door. Holy shit.
Exactly, can't believe that one made it through.

Back
Top Bottom