Google Photos Removing Unlimited Storage Option

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Starting June 1, 2021, any new photos and videos you upload will count toward the free 15 GB of storage that comes with every Google Account or the additional storage you’ve purchased as a Google One member. Your Google Account storage is shared across Drive, Gmail and Photos. This change also allows us to keep pace with the growing demand for storage. And, as always, we uphold our commitment to not use information in Google Photos for advertising purposes. We know this is a big shift and may come as a surprise, so we wanted to let you know well in advance and give you resources to make this easier.

Sauce: https://blog.google/products/photos/storage-changes/

Google second guesses, backtracks, and deprecates every decision they make.

I guess it's "normal" for a tech firm to first kill the competition and then start changing..

"FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE" as long as we want to keep doing this

Oh man, that 15Gb is shared with your Google Drive... According to their own calculator, I should be fine for the next 4 years, but still.

Oh man, that 15Gb is shared with your Google Drive... According to their own calculator, I should be fine for the next 4 years, but still.
And Gmail, which in my case is also a few gigs, I really should get around to cleaning it up.

And Gmail, which in my case is also a few gigs, I really should get around to cleaning it up.
How the fuck do you get several gigs worth of mails stored up? That's insane, man.

Back
Top Bottom