NVIDIA Launches RTX 3070, 3080 and 3090 for $499, $699 and $1,499: Based on Samsung's 8nm Process

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
NVIDIA Launches RTX 3070, 3080 and 3090 for $499, $699 and $1,499: Based on Samsung's 8nm Process

mhZ9kKa.jpg

NVIDIA today unveiled its consumer Ampere graphics cards in the form of the GeForce RTX 3070, 3080, and 3090 with rather palatable price tags. NVIDIA claims a performance and efficiency gain of 2x over the preceding Turing lineup, but of course, these are the best-case figures, likely with ray-tracing and DLSS turned on. The actual raster performance will be a notch lower. Regardless, there are major technological improvements to both the standard graphics pipeline as well as the ray-tracing components:

Source and more: https://www.hardwaretimes.com/nvidi...9-699-and-1499-based-on-samsungs-8nm-process/

This is pretty big. Hopefully EU prices won't be insane.

Holy moley this lineup is wack, can't wait to get myself one when possible. :biggrin:

Damn, that's a big boi. Gonna need two supports for that one.

I might wait out the first month to see the actual user benchmarks and (hopefully not) possible defects.

I might wait out the first month to see the actual user benchmarks and (hopefully not) possible defects.
My 2070 is still less than two years old, so I'm gonna skip anyway.

My CPU, however...

Goddamn, that is a wide boi.
Also, at 3:40, you can see through the card, from one end's heatpipes to the fan on the opposite side. Does that just mean that the actual card is half the size, and that's why it's so bulky? And half of it is just for cooling?

Goddamn, that is a wide boi.
Also, at 3:40, you can see through the card, from one end's heatpipes to the fan on the opposite side. Does that just mean that the actual card is half the size, and that's why it's so bulky? And half of it is just for cooling?
Pretty sure that is the reason yeah.

Back
Top Bottom