Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Since stuff is about to get REALLY serious, it's time we had a dedicated thread.
Just in this morning:

Trump suspends travel from Europe for 30 days as part of response to 'foreign' coronavirus
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/03/11/coronavirus-trump-suspends-all-travel-from-europe.html
I honestly did not see this one coming, this is crazy.

Actor Tom Hanks says he and his wife have tested positive for coronavirus

Since he is 63 years old, and a diabetic patient, and used to be a heavy smoker, he certainly is in a risk group.

The NBA has suspended the season

I suggest we all leave our grandparents alone for a while...

Also we were supposed to go to the Olympic games this summer in Japan with the gf's family, guess we can scratch that.
Second trip is to Rome in 3 weeks with my family, will probably be canceled in a few days.

Gf's brother is coming in from Madrid today (since all the universities and colleges are closed there). Was planning on going drinking with him this weekend, now I'm not too sure of even going out any more.

Last edited:
Trip to Rome might be doable... The Italian lockdown ends on the 3rd of April.
Meanwhile, me and my gf are both freaking the fuck out our New Zealand trip in 2 weeks could be cancelled... We're insured for a possible cancellation, but still.

The first possible infection at work was reported today. Someone in the office building is quarantined for 2 weeks, but no-one knows exactly which floor he or she worked on, or who they came into contact with. They say that people who worked closely with the patient were contacted, and nobody on our floor was contacted, so there's that. Still, upper management is currently discussing what the impact is of everyone working from home.
Spoiler: for my department the impact is almost zero. So chances are high that I'm spending the next two weeks at home.

Spoiler: for my department the impact is almost zero. So chances are high that I'm spending the next two weeks at home.
At least one advantage.
Really hoping for you and your gf that your holiday can continue!

All major sporting events in Belgium have been canceled.
I'm hoping that they don't cancel the Australian F1 GP, but I have a bad feeling.

Welp now all restaurants and bars are closed in Belgium, effective today at midnight.
We're eating out with friends, guess it'll be the last time in a long while.

I find it it hilarious that Mexico is trying to block US citizens from entering their country now, the wall works both ways :biggrin:

I find it it hilarious that Mexico is trying to block US citizens from entering their country now, the wall works both ways :biggrin:
LbLQg7B.jpg

Maybe they should build a large wall to keep the American from entering Mexico without checks. And hell, since it's the USA who is doing a crappy job of keeping them quarantined, they should pay for it!

No fucking words...

Donald Trump 'offers to pay German company creating experimental coronavirus vaccine to move to the US and make it exclusively for Americans'

Read in the newspaper today that they're expecting the pandemic to last until at least half May.
RIP economy.

Read in the newspaper today that they're expecting the pandemic to last until at least half May.
RIP economy.
Thank fuck I work in a job that allows me to work from home... Imagine owning a restaurant and having zero income for the next 2 months. Christ.

Thank fuck I work in a job that allows me to work from home... Imagine owning a restaurant and having zero income for the next 2 months. Christ.
I feel really bad for the entire restaurant and bars business. I'd order takeout but then again.. I doubt that's a smart choice nowadays.

I feel really bad for the entire restaurant and bars business. I'd order takeout but then again.. I doubt that's a smart choice nowadays.
I mean, if the food is prepared properly, you should be fine... Given that the cook didn't sneeze on it. takeaway even has a "quarantine" option, where the deliverer will place the bag at your door, and just ring the bell.

I mean, if the food is prepared properly, you should be fine... Given that the cook didn't sneeze on it. takeaway even has a "quarantine" option, where the deliverer will place the bag at your door, and just ring the bell.
Yeah but it's still a risk I don't really want to take right now. Most likely I'm being too paranoid, but I just had the flu 3 weeks ago, I don't want to get sick any time soon again.

Yeah but it's still a risk I don't really want to take right now. Most likely I'm being too paranoid, but I just had the flu 3 weeks ago, I don't want to get sick any time soon again.
Problem is that if the stores keep getting plundered the way they are, soon we won't have any options but the order out.

Back
Top Bottom