Smartphone Discussion

Yeah, and a $999 pricetag...
I'm sorry, awesome though it may be, I'm not willing to pay that much for a phone. Especially for a phone that's gonna come preloaded with a shitload of bloatware you can't disable, like Samsung tends to do.

Yeah, and a $999 pricetag...
I'm sorry, awesome though it may be, I'm not willing to pay that much for a phone. Especially for a phone that's gonna come preloaded with a shitload of bloatware you can't disable, like Samsung tends to do.
Bloatware is the worst part about Android without a doubt. It's why I find (found) Nexus and Pixel appealing.

AndroidOne is the program that you're looking for, then. It's a specific version of Android without bloatware. Nokia phones are part of this program too.

AndroidOne is the program that you're looking for, then. It's a specific version of Android without bloatware. Nokia phones are part of this program too.
But can any Android phone easily be ‘rooted’ to install that OS?

But can any Android phone easily be ‘rooted’ to install that OS?
Sort of... You can install custom versions of Android, but it's best if they are built for your model specifically. Luckily, the open source community is pretty large, so modified version are not that hard to find.
However, this obviously voids your warranty. And the chance of something not working anymore is pretty present.
So, it's best to stick with the Android version your phone comes with, hence my preference for phones that are included in the AndroidOne program :)

Sort of... You can install custom versions of Android, but it's best if they are built for your model specifically. Luckily, the open source community is pretty large, so modified version are not that hard to find.
However, this obviously voids your warranty. And the chance of something not working anymore is pretty present.
So, it's best to stick with the Android version your phone comes with, hence my preference for phones that are included in the AndroidOne program :)
I like the designs of those Nokias

Yeah, and the battery life on my 7+ is fucking great. Even a year later, I still have over 50% left at the end of the day... More, if use my phone less.

I got really excited about the S20 in the beginning of the video, such a shame that the cameras are a disappointment.

These really are strange times. Apple released an amazing phone for a great price!

Oh man, Sony Xperia 1 is on sale for 499€. I'm so tempted to take one since normal price for it would be around 800€. aaaa

Oh man, Sony Xperia 1 is on sale for 499€. I'm so tempted to take one since normal price for it would be around 800€. aaaa
That is indeed cheap, cheapest version I can find in Belgium is €709.
Then again for that money you can also get a sick new GPU :biggrin:

That is indeed cheap, cheapest version I can find in Belgium is €709.
Then again for that money you can also get a sick new GPU :biggrin:
That's true. However if I buy new GPU, I also would have to buy new mobo and CPU to avoid bottleneck and all that. Basically would have to upgrade everything. D:

That's true. However if I buy new GPU, I also would have to buy new mobo and CPU to avoid bottleneck and all that. Basically would have to upgrade everything. D:
Hmm, it all comes down to need: do you really need a new phone? Sometimes I regret getting a new one, I barely use my phone. The thing I love most about it is the camera, besides that I use it mostly to call, hell I even text 90% of the time through my PC (Whatsapp on desktop)
And yeah, you're obviously right about the bottleneck, but eventually you'll have to upgrade them all, maybe the mobo first would be wiser? Idk

That does look interesting... especially in terms of pricing. $350-500 is pretty acceptable for me, especially since we saw prices of $800+? I can't remember the exact number.

That does look interesting... especially in terms of pricing. $350-500 is pretty acceptable for me, especially since we saw prices of $800+? I can't remember the exact number.
FINALLY some proper pricing again.
Meanwhile an iPhone 11 Pro Max with 512GB is €1600+...

N3JJJTI.png

Back
Top Bottom