Smartphone Discussion

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
That new Asus ROG 2 phone looks really interesting. Too bad it looks so "extreme/gamer-ish".
Specs are insanely impressive:
  • 12GB of RAM
  • 6,6 inch 120HZ OLED screen
  • Snapdragon 855 plus processor
  • 512GB of storage (or 1TB!) UFS 3.0 (bloody fast)
  • 6000 mAh battery (basically no need to charge for 2-3 days)
  • 48MP dual cameras
The only things I dislike is the looks and the camera (which apparently isn't all that great).

ItXiXWk.jpg

MKBHD has an excellent review.

Boy it looks so awful.

I'm not into mobile "gaming" at all, besides for playing some Tetris, Pokemon Go and Solitaire. Also I still dislike using touchscreen to type stuff. :biggrin: I'll be just fine chilling with my Xperia XZ1 Compact until it breaks.

Boy it looks so awful.

I'm not into mobile "gaming" at all, besides for playing some Tetris, Pokemon Go and Solitaire. Also I still dislike using touchscreen to type stuff. :biggrin: I'll be just fine chilling with my Xperia XZ1 Compact until it breaks.

I'm not in gaming either but I do watch a ton of content on my phone, especially on holidays.
And yeah the phone is so ugly I can't even

Yeah, but for watching content you don't really need a high end phone like this. Honestly, I haven't encountered anything my Nokia 7+ couldn't handle.

Yeah, but for watching content you don't really need a high end phone like this. Honestly, I haven't encountered anything my Nokia 7+ couldn't handle.
Most important factor for me is the camera, that's why I'm really curious about the Pixel 4.

From a quick search, the Huawei phones come out pretty high when it comes to camera quality... A shame the Pixel 3A isn't sold in Belgium.

From a quick search, the Huawei phones come out pretty high when it comes to camera quality... A shame the Pixel 3A isn't sold in Belgium.
Well the 4 is set to release October 15th. And my current phone isn't dead (yet). Hopefully Google has some nice un-leaked features planned.

Oh shit, apparently the Pixel 4 will have a price tag of around $1000.
Nope, fuck that. Fuck that all the way.

Oh shit, apparently the Pixel 4 will have a price tag of around $1000.
Nope, fuck that. Fuck that all the way.
Fuck, I had hoped the top XL model (512GB/1TB) would be under this pricetag.

Fuck, I had hoped the top XL model (512GB/1TB) would be under this pricetag.
Apparently not... Welp, sticking to my old phone for a while, then. Probably better, there isn't really anything wrong with it anyway.

The Samsung Galaxy Fold does surprisingly well during the durability test by JerryRigEverything.

IIRC, they are giving users a free replacement screen, but only once.

Stuff like this I don't like...

It seems a lot worse than it is... It's not just allowed, there's user permission needed, and even then it's not just typing phone.getAllApps(); in your code.

Yeah, iOS is more secure, but it's also a lot more restricted. Even so, you're pretty much safe if you just use a bit of common sense.

Well this is huge.. Microsoft just announced a Surface Phone. It's gonna run Android and is releasing in 2020.

hmH3Ulp.png

Last edited:
It looks very cool, but I'm not sure about the dual screen... If they're bringing out a single screen phone, I would be very interested.

Back
Top Bottom