Series: General Discussion

Have you had any chance to watch it yet? It looked interesting indeed. GF watched the Unabomber series, and I followed along from the sidelines. Bit dramatized, but still pretty engrossing. The whole case is insane, if you read about it.
I haven't but I will this weekend for sure! Will post here with feedback.

Let's talk Anime.
I have never ever watched anime in my life. If I however was to try the genre, with what should I start?

Let's talk Anime.
I have never ever watched anime in my life. If I however was to try the genre, with what should I start?

I'd guess action would be more for your tastes. We actually had a seperate thread for anime only. :biggrin:https://forums.themavesite.com/threads/anime.19507/

Right off the bat I could recommend Baccano! and Cowboy Bebop to you. For movies you need to see Redline.

Bebop is awesome. Mind you, each episode is more of a loose adventure, there is no overarching plotline

If you're more into fantasy/massive plot kinda stuff, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the thing to go for. The dubbed version is actually pretty decent. It's on Netflix, too.

Black Lagoon, if you want a more hardcore, gritty series. Very bloody, very explicit, very dark. Also extremely good. My personal favorite.

If you want some random shit, try looking for the Ghost Stories dub. When dubbing, the script was completely tossed out, and replaced with random shit. It's really just an official Abridged series. These screenshots are actual lines of dialogue.

Last edited:
Bebop is awesome. Mind you, each episode is more of a loose adventure, there is no overarching plotline

If you're more into fantasy-massive plot kinda stuff, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the thing to go for. The dubbed version is actually pretty decent. It's on Netflix, too.

Black Lagoon, if you want a more hardcore, gritty series. Very bloody, very explicit, very dark. Also extremely good. My personal favorite.

If you want some random shit, try looking for the Ghost Stories dub. When dubbing, the script was completely tossed out, and replaced with random shit. It's really just an official Abridged series. These screenshots are actual lines of dialogue.
Oh God, that's hilarious.

Should I watch Bebop dubbed? Or original? (if there even are two versions)

Should I watch Bebop dubbed? Or original? (if there even are two versions)
A purist (like me) would say watch it subbed, but... For series like Bebop and FMA:B, the dubs aren't that bad. The english makes more sense, too, as names are very English (Spike, Jet, Faye, Edward,...).

A purist (like me) would say watch it subbed, but... For series like Bebop and FMA:B, the dubs aren't that bad. The english makes more sense, too, as names are very English (Spike, Jet, Faye, Edward,...).
Honestly I'm a bit afraid the Japanese(?) might hold me back so I'll go with the English dub.

Meanwhile I'm here gritting my teeth for the thought of watching any anime with dubs. :biggrin: For me it just sounds and feels so wrong. Not sure what kind of idea you have with Japanese language, but I still would encourage you to even give it a try, as it is original after all.

And here is Dual Audio torrent for Cowboy Bebop

But to be fair people have said these series we have been talking about has good dubs so there should not be any problems quality wise.

Meanwhile I'm here gritting my teeth for the thought of watching any anime with dubs. :biggrin: For me it just sounds and feels so wrong. Not sure what kind of idea you have with Japanese language, but I still would encourage you to even give it a try, as it is original after all.

And here is Dual Audio torrent for Cowboy Bebop

But to be fair people have said these series we have been talking about has good dubs so there should not be any problems quality wise.
Cheers, I literally just stumbled upon this lol:

rbpGgCj.png

Already downloading https://snahp.it/?p=56882 since it's the most HQ version I could find, but no idea what audio it is.. In for a surprise :laugh:

Finished the first season of Doctor Who yesterday. I'm still not sure what to think of it...
The old school vibe is strangely charming.

Indeed I did. What first season do you mean, Panki? All the way back to the first Doctor, or the first season of New Who, with the ninth?

Yeah, that's the ninth. The first is from the '60s, and is all in black and white.
If you're thinking about watching further, please do. Ecclestone is great, but I personally liked the later doctors more, with Capaldi as my favorite. Each seasons is completely different, due to the different actors.

If you liked the WWII episode ("are you my mommy?"), at least check out other episodes Moffat wrote. Dude's amazing at making you crap your pants.

Yeah, that's the ninth. The first is from the '60s, and is all in black and white.
If you're thinking about watching further, please do. Ecclestone is great, but I personally liked the later doctors more, with Capaldi as my favorite. Each seasons is completely different, due to the different actors.

If you liked the WWII episode ("are you my mommy?"), at least check out other episodes Moffat wrote. Dude's amazing at making you crap your pants.
Holy shit TIL, thanks! But yeah I will continue.

Just wait until you hit Blink. One of the creepiest episodes.
Just... be aware that the quality can vary, very much per episode.

Back
Top Bottom