Disney seals $71bn deal for 21st Century Fox as it prepares to take on Netflix

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Disney seals $71bn deal for 21st Century Fox as it prepares to take on Netflix

2OPZ2lR.jpg

Disney has closed its $71bn (£54bn) acquisition of Rupert Murdoch’s entertainment business in a deal that unites franchises including Cinderella, The Simpsons and Star Wars under one corporate roof to create a media behemoth of unprecedented scale.

The Walt Disney Company closed its acquisition of 21st Century Fox shortly after midnight New York time on Wednesday.

As part of the deal, Disney will absorb the Fox film and TV studios, the FX networks, National Geographic and the Indian TV giant Star India in a huge boost to its content.

It plans to launch its new streaming service Disney Plus later this year as it challenges Netflix for future audience share.

Source and more: https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...century-fox-as-it-prepares-to-take-on-netflix

The good news: Disney now owns 60% of Hulu, and plans to go international. (it's only USA and canada atm)

The good news: Disney now owns 60% of Hulu, and plans to go international. (it's only USA and canada atm)

Yeah, as if they're not going to pull everything off of Hulu, and putting it on their own service.
Kinda sucks, I already have Netflix, but now I gotta get Disney Plus too?

Yeah, as if they're not going to pull everything off of Hulu, and putting it on their own service.
Kinda sucks, I already have Netflix, but now I gotta get Disney Plus too?
I actually almost don't use Netflix anymore, these days you need Netflix, Hulu AND HBO. Meanwhile TPB is a one stop for all.

Back
Top Bottom