Valve Releasing Major Update for Counter-Strike: Source

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Some six years after it was first released, the enduringly popular Counter-Strike: Source is getting another update from Valve.

359esu1.jpg

According to the post on Steam, the new update will add in 144 achievements, lifetime player stats, a domination and revenge system and a cinematic death camera. It will also incorporate "many source engine updates."

Here's a complete list of the updates:

* 144 achievements added
* New lifetime player stats and summary screens
* New match player stats and summary screens
* New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
* Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
* New cinematic death camera
* New domination and revenge system
* Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
* Incorporated many source engine updates

Originally released in 2004, Counter-Strike: Source is a remake of the original game that incorporates Valve's Source engine. The original game began life as a Half-Life mod.

The update is currently in beta, after which it will be distributed free to all Counter-Strike: Source owners via Steam. Expect to see it soon.

Source : http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179248&cmpid=0101

I tried to get in the beta but it said

"We've filled our available slots"

Or something...

HANK_AND_RAGE_FACE_fin.jpg

Even though this update might be awesome, there is no way that it can better than COD4! :love:

Mauri said:
Even though this update might be awesome, there is no way that it can better than COD4! :love:

:love: :love::love:

Panki said:
I saw a video about it, looks awesome!

Can you post the video? I can't find one and I can't search right now because I'm at school :tongue:

Ah lol, I thought they would really add death camera. Like in COD4, after you die you'll see how you got killed.

Back
Top Bottom