Unique, 4K forum header images (banners) in 2020

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
I will be creating 366 (yes we're on a leap year now) different forum header images for 2020.
All the images will support resolutions up to 4K. (larger than that will just add a black/white background color depending on the theme.
To give myself a little more freedom, the logo will be implemented in the images, rather than another html layer on top

Below is a quick sketch of how I'm managing the files in Photoshop.
Of course the goal is that 1920x1080 contains the essentials, and 4K just shows a little extra.

Ch9G0hl.png

Note: I won't be creating all the images in one go. I will try to stay ahead of time though :biggrin:

Last edited:
UPDATE: For now (as we are waiting for the new one) there is no logo implemented in the banner images.

These daily headers really spice up the forum in my opinion.

UPDATE: My plan to create 366 images in advance didn't work out that well.
However we do have 79 different banners right now. The only thing I have to figure out is how to make the cache update every day at midnight automatically. Now I have to manually clear it in order to change the day number. (and thus updating the banner)
My method for "finding" new banners is as follows: every new batch of 4K wallpapers gets thrown into the banner psd file and I see if there's a fit or not.

Back
Top Bottom