TheMaveSite: San Andreas Multiplayer | Reunion

Austin

Carrying on from this topic (thx ThePro!);
https://forums.themavesite.com/index.php?topic=10341.0

TheMaveSite
San Andreas Multiplayer
Reunion

Hai guys! I know it's been a while since we've even thought about the old San Andreas mod. Just thought it would be fun whip something together to reminisce on how most of us met :3. Think of it this way, at least your pc can probably run it well now :biggrin:. It's been 6 years since the game was released on pc and the first version of SA-MP appeared in 2006.

Question of the day (ukno... to help reminisce :wink:)
What year did you first discover SA-MP?

I honestly can't remember when I did, but it must have been around 2007. I only know this because my first inbox on TheMaveSite was in 2008, and by that time we had, not only broken into playing the multiplayer, but established the old SFSF (was that it's original name?) server and forums. Of course, you gotta give credit to kc, tse and the rest of that crew, for originally getting us unto the stunt-server environment. Lets not forget DeLux and the Maffia clan, and many thanks for originally hosting SFSF for free. Well, that's how it was for me anyway. How did you start?

So anyway, Mave is currently looking for the old scripts (I have unfortunately lost mine in my "travels") but if he doesn't find them, we might just whip something together.

Hosting

When

What

I'm thinking about grabbing one of the free servers being hosted by ServerFFS (also thx to ThePro). They allow us to ether have it for 1 hour, 2 hours or 4, so lets pick a timeframe from those. If you have any better ideas, let us hear them :).

When is convenient for you? Lets try to pick something between now - September (but Aug the 25th & the 29th doesn't work for me). Find as many old players as you can and gather them up. I'll update the timetable here.

It seems the weekend would work best. Ether the 27th or the 28th, let us know what works best for you!

Current time/date for reunion: -

What do YOU want to see in the server? Lets not forget, we have always been based around stunting :3. Also, this is not a permanent server, so don't worry about the long term downsides to ideas O:.

Ideas thus far:
Deathmatch Tournament (suggested by Aman). 0% 30% 40% 50%
Race 0%

Please lets not bring up any issues from the past. A lot of us have had turmoil, but all is welcome. I can admit I've been a really big dick, I guess me and power don't mix (I wonder if Spidah still creeps around?). Any updates in information will be displayed here. The faster we can get ideas the faster we can start building on it.

Update 1: I've been informed that school is starting early for some, so it would be better to have this go down on the weekend. We're currently deciding between the 27th and the 28th. Tell us what works best for you! We'll find some time soon xD.

Austin my friend, you musn't forget SU (Stunters United) & XSU (Stunters United Extreme), oh those good old times!
Really big fan of this, any date is good for me, I'll MAKE time for this.

This was before my time on the internet :l
And I'm not interested in SA:MP at all. D:

C'mon Panki, it'll be fun!
Maybe an idea (if everyone is in it) is to be on Skype while ingame the whole time?

I'm not sure which scripts you are looking for, but I know that the SFSFv3 is still around somewhere. You could always ask Andre about that.

A lot of stuff going on in my "personal life" (moving to an apartment, going to college, etc) so I'm not grabbing much time to work on it. I'm gonna have to postpone it a week or two. Sorry guys!

Guest said:
Epic push.
I got hold of SFSFv2's old domain, if a server is needed I can also pay for that.
Even if none of the above is needed or wanted, I want a TMS Reunion on SA:MP.

Let's do this then?
We should have a talk on an IM.

:megusta: Tbh'in, SFSE/SF what ever it is, was a shit mode, simply due to the fact it was based around stunting. When I play sa-mp, I personally just want to either drive around chillin' and chatting to everyone, or shoot everything that moves.

As a professional scripter ( :troll: not pro, just elite) I could whack something up that everyone would like , just drop ideas and I can implement them.

I do have a mode somewhere on my external from 2 - 3 years ago, it was soldiers vs skinheads. This was a TDM based mode, two teams, each team tries to kill each other, and hold gang zones/areas. There are rounds, go for like 15 minutes. at the end of the round the mode submits a .txt file into /scriptfiles and lists the top 5 players (persons who gained the most kills/deaths/zones etc..).. This was a fun mode. And could obviously be tweaked to have rotational areas/weapons etc...

It would be good to get TMS back into active gaming together. With the Skyping/TS3. And have regular/religious gaming going on. and perhaps even end up with our own server, as it would definitely attract more people to the forum if the server becomes popular. because that's really how we got most of the people on this forum anyway, grazy,panki,me,mirc,whoeverelse... and I think it would revive the forum.

Just my two-fitty cents.

edit: I actually think a leveling mode would be quite awesome, GTO is the popular term for it, I have one of those aswell, mysql, quite well scripted, I'm quite keen for a tms shindig actually :3

Nimphiouus said:
:megusta: Tbh'in, SFSE/SF what ever it is, was a shit mode, simply due to the fact it was based around stunting. When I play sa-mp, I personally just want to either drive around chillin' and chatting to everyone, or shoot everything that moves.

As a professional scripter ( :troll: not pro, just elite) I could whack something up that everyone would like , just drop ideas and I can implement them.

I do have a mode somewhere on my external from 2 - 3 years ago, it was soldiers vs skinheads. This was a TDM based mode, two teams, each team tries to kill each other, and hold gang zones/areas. There are rounds, go for like 15 minutes. at the end of the round the mode submits a .txt file into /scriptfiles and lists the top 5 players (persons who gained the most kills/deaths/zones etc..).. This was a fun mode. And could obviously be tweaked to have rotational areas/weapons etc...

It would be good to get TMS back into active gaming together. With the Skyping/TS3. And have regular/religious gaming going on. and perhaps even end up with our own server, as it would definitely attract more people to the forum if the server becomes popular. because that's really how we got most of the people on this forum anyway, grazy,panki,me,mirc,whoeverelse... and I think it would revive the forum.

Just my two-fitty cents.

edit: I actually think a leveling mode would be quite awesome, GTO is the popular term for it, I have one of those aswell, mysql, quite well scripted, I'm quite keen for a tms shindig actually :3

That actually doesn't sound bad... Who's in guys?

I think it's something TMS needs in order to get an advanced growth. The forums are generally active, but they could be so much more. :tongue: It'd be a good project for all of TMS to be apart of.

Mave said:
Nimphiouus said:

Just my two-fitty cents.

That actually doesn't sound bad... Who's in guys?

I'm in ;-;

Well it appears a few of you are willing to be in, guest has offered a little testie server for me, I'll draw something up nice and ask everyone to try it and give feedback.

Nimphiouus said:
Well it appears a few of you are willing to be in, guest has offered a little testie server for me, I'll draw something up nice and ask everyone to try it and give feedback.

How experienced are you with SQL?
Would be nice if we could connect it to the forum somehow.
Or a race database or something.

Back
Top Bottom