The Crew Motorfest: Teaser Trailer

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Looks pretty dope.
But honestly they shouldn't release this on PS4 and Xbox One... It's not gonna do the graphics any good.

Ohhh, departing from the US mainland, I see? Interesting! We'll see if it's a good decision, the whole "giant US map" was kinda the charm of the orginal 2 games.

Ohhh, departing from the US mainland, I see? Interesting! We'll see if it's a good decision, the whole "giant US map" was kinda the charm of the orginal 2 games.
Well I'm hoping the map is still huge.
However just for shits and giggles I hopped into The Crew 2 yesterday and drove from Florida to the Las Vegas dam. So much repetition though, especially in the mountains: the road just looks like it was copied 60 times.

Well I'm hoping the map is still huge.
However just for shits and giggles I hopped into The Crew 2 yesterday and drove from Florida to the Las Vegas dam. So much repetition though, especially in the mountains: the road just looks like it was copied 60 times.
As I understood it, large parts of the "inbetween" areas of the map are procedurally generated. Leading to weird copy-paste textures, that sometimes misalign.

Also, I remember the NY-SF grind... A half hour long hypercar race, that made you the most money. Those races got so goddamn boring after a while. But it was the only legit way to make decent money. All the other races didn't pay jack shit.

As I understood it, large parts of the "inbetween" areas of the map are procedurally generated. Leading to weird copy-paste textures, that sometimes misalign.

Also, I remember the NY-SF grind... A half hour long hypercar race, that made you the most money. Those races got so goddamn boring after a while. But it was the only legit way to make decent money. All the other races didn't pay jack shit.
I guess it's always a balance between quantity and quality. Hopefully Motorfest will have a proper balance.

Back
Top Bottom