Street Fighter vs. Tekken Officially Announced

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Yes, it's happening: During Capcom's Super Street Fighter 4 panel at Comic-Con today, a trailer was shown off for Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 and Xbox 360, the official name for the game pitting characters from two of the most popular fighting game series ever against each other for the first time.

The announcement came in what almost sounds like the promotion for an epic wrestling match -- the proceedings of the panel were suddenly interrupted (very deliberately, of course) by producers of the Tekken series, and this was followed by a trailer that made the game official (we should have some footage up soon). Evidently SSF4 producer Yoshinori Ono first approached Tekken 6 producer Katsuhiro Harada about the idea, since Ono heard Harada was a Street Fighter fan.

ugydU.jpg

So the original rumor that "Capcom vs. Namco" would be announced wasn't quite accurate (obviously Street Fighter X Tekken suggests only characters from the Street Fighter and Tekken series will appear in it), but the rumor was correct that there will be two versions: One made by Capcom that'll play more in the style of Street Fighter, and one by Namco (called Tekken X Street Fighter) that'll play more like a Tekken game.

jXvRt.jpg

yjw6y.jpg

CwcYY.jpg

Details on gameplay are still a little sparse, but some gameplay footage was also shown, which appeared to show how characters could tag each other in during Ultra combos. The demo showed Ryu and Chun-Li teaming up to take down Kazuya and Nina.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180566&cmpid=0102

I never played Street Fighter, but Tekken, god I must have played that days when I was little :T

Back
Top Bottom