[Serious] Culture

F

[FF]TeddyBear

Ok, should other countries intervene on the culturistic practices of other countries?

For example, stoning of people in pakistan, fair enough I'm not a big fan of people getting stoned, but if that's how pakistan operates, then that's how they operate and I think it should be respected. But should countries who disapprove of this kind of practice, be allowed to stop such a practice?

Re: Culture

Yeah...
We should have something like global cultural and law system.

We shouldn't care about other cultures.. up to a certain point where it gets to be just too far, such as stoning to death.. I mean, that's just awful.

I'm sorry to be a bit rough here on those countries, but... Stoning people is something from the middle ages, EVOLVE Pakistan.

A Culture is like a penis, just because you have one doesnt mean you should go rubbing it into peoples faces

But seriously can't stand people pushing their culture onto others

^ ^ That's totally different. we are discussing the people from within those countries.

I really think, if someone has been stoned, it's been for good reason though, like cheating, stealing(Stone the romanians) or something.

It's not like they will stone you for not showing up at steve's party.

yes but alot of those people will get on their boats and head to another country and push their religion on others eg that dude that tried to have all of Australia convert to the muslim crap

Nitronic said:
yes but alot of those people will get on their boats and head to another country and push their religion on others eg that dude that tried to have all of Australia convert to the muslim crap

How is that any different from scientologists, and christians etc..?

We should respect most cultures as they are. If one country has fully accepted a culture other countries should not intervene, unless there are clear signs that a certain group of the population is being supressed badly by this (in most cases woman in islamic countries). If let's say country B wants to join a group which has country A, C and D then A, C and D should be able to deny this country B if it does just do things moraly wrong due to their culture.

Nimphioüs said:
Nitronic said:

How is that any different from scientologists, and christians etc..?

I Dislike them too

Stoning someone is just fucked up. Although, there will never be a global law, not even the human rights are treatened everywhere.

The middle east is and always will be in the middle ages. Islam is a religion of tradition, and any change or suggestion of such to religious and cultural tradition is considered heresy. I think as long as that kind of corporal punishment etc is kept in those areas where it is considered standard, is they're business, not ours. However what I do have a problem with, is when they come to another country and bring those traditions and practices with them, and then carry them out on your respective countries soil.

I.E. 2 years ago I think it was, a muslim man decapitated his daughter because she refused to wear one of those head wraps, i'm blanking on what its called, but its not a burqa, you can see their faces. He pleaded not guilty as it was an honor killing. That goes with any culture with such extreme practices, not necessarily just Islam. But as a whole, I feel the middle east should be used purely for resources, and if they try to emigrate from the country to a western country or Euro country with the exception of some countries such as Chechnya where for example, Islam is the primary religion, as then they are amongst their people, and tend not to send the community into outrage with said actions.

Call me racist, call me nationalist. But I feel people should stick with their own, unless they are open minded and sensible enough to adapt to change. I.E. hardcore muslims who pray every day at dawn and dusk, and believe any non-islam person should be slain, needs to stick way the fuck from my people. What I don't understand though is that our governments tend not to stop them from spreading their bullshit, I.E. Muslims protesting on remembrance day in the UK. One thing I will say though, is the only kind of Muslim aggression I support is that against Israel. It was a country that was made of stolen land from Palestinians. Not cool.

People believe what they are raised to believe, just read the bible. Unless we want to invade the middle east, steal the babies and kill off the parents, there is really nothing we Can do to intervene - even if anyone wanted to. Which they don't. Reality is no one really cares. It might be different if they didn't have choices, but fact is that that's how they want to live. Well fuck them, in my books. It's disgusting, to Want to kill, to Want to murder, over something as disposable as religion. If we tried to help, we'd be forcing them into something they don't want, which is hypocritical.

I'm not saying people from the middle east are bad, or evil. As a whole, it's not their fault that they where pushed in that direction (that goes back to stealing the babies). And individually I'm positive there are many many good, decent and logical middle eastern's - what our cultural definition of logical and decent is, anyway. I think the ones who want out should be allowed out. So long as you don't kill your daughter in the name of religion, mind. If you want to join another culture, advance to another country, then you sure as fuck better respect the laws and culture of that country: "Welcome to America! Over here, we don't kill our daughters for disrespecting religion. Keep that in mind."

So in my opinion, in answer to the question: Should we intervene? No. Should we help? Yes. Those who ask for it.

Back
Top Bottom