"Say something about the guy above you" now has 100 pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maffia171

I shiggy diggy
ezfrwk.png

:sir:

[16:22] [TMS]GPow69: want another post?
[16:22] [TMS]GPow69: make a topic that "say something about the guy above you" now has 100 pages
[16:23] [TMS]Maffia171/Swizzy: Where?
[16:23] [TMS]GPow69: milestones
[16:23] [TMS]Maffia171/Swizzy: O
[16:23] [TMS]Maffia171/Swizzy: right

HEHE

[/spam post]

Not to spoil any fun with topics with a load of posts but:
Cap the length of your threads This is one of those things that ought to be a setting - even vBulletin is known for choking on large threads, look up rpg.net's motivational poster history. Large threads mean there is a large result set for further instructions in the query to prune from, and if a thread is too disproportionally large, even browsing the thread will result in using table scans instead of the index - a very bad situation indeed.

30k is what I use for Elliquiy, and Ben uses 25k for Red and White Kop. Keep in mind, though, that we are both running finely tuned dedicated servers with two hard disks, two cores, and 4gb of RAM. You may want to cap thread length closer to 1k posts.

This also has the effect of making individual threads less overwhelming.

"even vBulletin is known for choking on large threads"

Even means INCLUDING, all of them work almost the same except different features, core and theme possibilities.

GPow69 said:
Thats vBulletin, this is SMF :-X
LMAO >.<
I think I know what I'm talking about, and I'm sure I got the quote from SMF community forums and I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that the quote is about SMF.

Seeing that SMF 1.1.11 on TMS performs like every version before 2.0 (RC2?) should (slow) then I don't think so. It might become overhead for the topic some time. But umm... i dno.

These forums aren't slow for me at all.
And we will upgrade to 2.0 when it releases fully.

The gallery feature is actually the SMF Media Gallery (SMG) modification. And yes it rocks. I wish people used it a little more though. So yeah upload your pics there when you don't have anything better to do.

This milestone is incorrect due to a setting changed to improve the performance of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom