Need Computer Advice.

BoxFucker101

So I was thinking for christmas to update my family's computer. Since my laptop has a bug with the source engine, I think with the 200 (plus probably more) bucks I have, I'm gonna do a small renovation. I'm might wipe my hard drive, get a usb disk to put important stuff on it, a Decent videocard that is in my budget, and a gig of ram. The Latest game Im going to try to run is Left 4 Dead, I figure the source games/mods are worth all the money. The computer has 1.69 Ghz, (better than this laptops) rated at 2.54. Sounds like it will be a decent rig to run. Since I'm not good with desktops, what does rated at 2.54 mean? Also, what would be a good card for my budget. I did systemrequirementslab and it would run fine now with HL2 except for the HD which only has 3 gig left. So whoever is good with computers help me here and post. Just tell me any precautions/dangers, or where i can get it upgraded.

Edit: looking at a 8600GTS, probably 2-3gig more ram(gotta see how much my can go up to), And need be it ill get a sound card.

Post more informations about you mainboard and your 1,69GHZ CPU.
And is it a 64-bit or 32-bit system?

Remis said:
Post more informations about you mainboard and your 1,69GHZ CPU.
And is it a 64-bit or 32-bit system?

So should I do system requirements lab and get a screen for you?

Edit: the computer cant run left 4 dead, the req is 3GHZ But with the intended upgrades, I'm looking at high settings on HL2

My dad actually said he is going to buy the ram and wipe the hard drive, so i need to get is the video card. :)

Here is some info

x98pl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom