My school's a jackass

Austin

I was in automotive class, and we where told to throw some old monitors/keyboards into the metals bin outside. So we go out there, the 3 of us, and throw them in, and then we decide to look around the bin. Two of us jump in, and there's a bunch of old desktops. So we're like "okai, they're probably junk anyway." Then we look a little deeper and find a box with 5 IMB ThinkPad's in them - power cords and all. Of course we think they're junk as well but each of us take one anyway. I come home, and it works fine. I install a fresh version of Windows XP and it's an overall decent laptop. There's nothing wrong with it.

Specs:
40GB HDD
512MB RAM
2.0GHz Single Core

This was the first time I've actually explored that bin. Who else knows what they've thrown away? And they say they're a poor school! My ass. They could of easily given these things away (I'm typing this on the ThinkPad now, by the way). Tons of people would of loved an older laptop, especially people who don't have PCs better then this at they're home anyway. Why on earth chuck them? I blame by bitch of a principle.

I don't see a reason to whine about your school administration. Just take all the computers and profit from them!

Please get me 5 laptops, I will pay for shipping, tia.

Similar to my school:
They had similar PCs before, they worked "perfectly". And then they bought new PCs with 2.6 GHZ QuadCore, 4 GB Ram and so. For office and same basic stuff?? The fail was that the bottleneck was the internet connection. Maybe some pseudo-experts thought that the reason for the slow internet are the PCs. And now we have fast PCs but a VERY slow internet.
And it is also a poor school! In the beginning of this year they didn't even have enough books for all! (Iam one of the victims :biggrin: )

^^ Well when you think of it this way, the difference between having a book and no book is, having a decent job or being a homeless man, $$ or no $$.

Choice is yours. :ninja:

Nimphioüs said:
^^ Well when you think of it this way, the difference between having a book and no book is, having a decent job or being a homeless man, $$ or no $$.

Choice is yours. :ninja:

I meant not to have one goddamned book lol.
I love your irony <3

As I previously said, get me a laptop, and I will pay for shipping, plus I'll buy you minecraft? :3

Aman1238 said:
I'll pay for shipping :3

But that's such a waste of resources to just trash these perfectly fine computers.

Orly? :wow:

Back
Top Bottom