MTA SA (1.0.3 released! + MTA Christmas 2009 + ModDB Awards 2009)

Remis

Multi Theft Auto (MTA) is an open-source software project that adds full on-line gaming support to Rockstar North's Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC game, in which this functionality is not originally found. It is the first open-source modification that adds a highly customizable network play element to a commercial closed-source single-player PC game.

Developed as an experimental piece of software for earlier Grand Theft Auto series, Multi Theft Auto has become an advanced multiplayer platform for gamers and developers. Our software provides on-line gaming for dozens of players running user-generated gameplay content and scripts through a Lua virtual machine, and is freely distributed under the GPLv3 license.

For more information, see our Wikipedia page or GitHub source code repository.

Features

Scripting
-No noticeable limits of cars, objects and limits
-Full customisability
-Extensive API with lots of functions and events (Wiki)

Gameplay
- Very good sync
- Very stable
- Up to 128 players for a good reason: ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE 500 PLAYERS WITH GOOD SYNC.
The 128 limit of players is to maintain the good sync
- Due to the open-source nature of MTA:SA 1.0, compatiblity is mantained constantly.
- Extensive map editor. You can create maps with cars, pickups and objectes with ease
- MTA:SA 1.0 provides a single mod for all your online GTA needs

Server Owner paradise
- Extensive ingame Admin: MTA:SA 1.0 offers an ingame Admin interface where you can easily point and click to effortlessly moderate a server.
- Good stability, performance and bandwidth usage
- Customisability

Community
- If you ever have any issues, the MTA community is happy to assist you in their forums. The growing amount of scripters for MTA:SA 1.0 has also meant they have a alive
and vibrant community.

Some tips for MTA SA 1.0

Removing lag
1. Open the "coreconfig.xml" in "MTA San Andreas\MTA"
2. Edit the line "<fps_limit>100</fps_limit>"
3. Change the number to 25 or 30 (this is the default in samp)

OR

Connect to a server and type in f8 "fps_limit 30".

Better looking chatbox
You can change it in the main menu under settings->chatbox
Then choose "transparent"
mta_betterchatbox.jpg

For Vista users
Before you use MTA SA 1.0 you have to give the user all rights.
1. Right click on the folder "MTA San Andreas"
2. Click on the category "Security"
3. Click on "edit"
4. Give your user all rights
OR run mta as admin
screnn12432.jpg

Media
[flash=200,200]http://www.[/flash]
MTA SA 1.0 BETA video
[flash=200,200]http://www.[/flash]
MTA SA 1.0 map editor preview

Download

Links
Homepage
Wiki
Twitter
url]
[url=h[/media]ttp://steamcommunity.com/groups/mta]Steam Community

ModDB[/url]

Re: MTA SA 1.0 finally there!

I have it played it, like it.
Like the map editor with some plugins

Looks awesome, I hope SA-MP 0.3 releases soon too.

Mave said:
Looks awesome, I hope SA-MP 0.3 releases soon too.
Yeah. Too bad that sa-mp doesn't offer nightly builds.

Hmm yeah, but that will make it even more awesome when it releases. (imo)

The thing I like the best about 1.0 is the map editor (LoL)
You can make very nice loops and rollercoasters with it with some nice plug ins

Re: MTA SA (1.0.1 released!)

The mta development team is proud to present Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.0.1

Changes from v 1.0 to v1.0.1
  • focused on fixing some high priority client and server crashes
  • resolving compatibility issues and improving cross-platform compatibility (especially Max OS X) for the dedicated server
  • fixing some various major bugs within the client and resources package

Notes:
MTA 1.0 and 1.0.1 are compatible, this means that you can connect to a MTA 1.0 server with a 1.0.1 client.

Download

Nice, how much people play this now?

Mave said:
Nice, how much people play this now?
not that many as far as I know since most don't know about it.
But the top servers are always full and there aren't that many the same servers as with SAMP

Couldn't install because the shit installer couldn't download a windows net frame ><

Nimphious said:
Couldn't install because the shit installer couldn't download a windows net frame ><
it's your shitty PC xD
you should dl and install net fram seperatly

I believe it's called Netframework.
The latest is 3.5, Google it then goto the microsoft site.

Download.

I wanted to inform TMS about the new things done since the last post in this thread:

1.MTA 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 released. They include important fixes to make MTA more stable than any other GTA SA Multiplayer Mod and some smaller features. (More important to developers)
2.ModDB MoftY Awards 2009:

Now you have the chance to make MTA more popular. The ModDB "MOD OF THE YEAR 2009 Awards" started again. You just have to go to the link and click on the "Vote" image. If MTA gets more popular, more developers are intestered in creating new servers then and they are more motivated with more players. At the moment most of the server in MTA are boring freeroam or DM servers (with MTA´s default DM/freeroam script. The default script is great, but its overused, so it is getting very boring.) without objectives. Thats the ONLY harm in MTA for the players. This needs to change, because MTA has the potential to have EPIC servers with features, which are lacking in SA-MP.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/multi-theft-auto-san-andreas

(You can also vote for SA-MP or any other mod, even modifications of other games, if you want...)

3.MTA Christmas 2009
Season's greetings from the developers, QA, and supporters of MultiTheftAuto.
There's lots more to come from MTA in 2010, so subscribe to be notified when we release new videos!
url]

Edit:[/media] There were too many typos

Well there comes the main difference between SA-MP and MTA.

Leaving all that open-source and "community-developed", also update frequency and all behind... MTA is much better. SA-MP has just received much publicity.

^ Couldn't agree more.

If MTA had more players then SA-MP, SFSFv2 would probably be on MTA now.

OT: Nice updates MTA has there, although I won't vote for them.

I also agree to your opinions and its nice to see that you are seeing the facts. But if everyone is thinking in this way (like currently), you can say good-bye to MTA.
That's bad luck for MTA. :mellow:

Yeah that's true, well it would be cool if they got more people, I mean I'm into SA-MP, but not anti-MTA or something.

Back
Top Bottom