Modders Translating San Andreas to GTA IV Engine

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
A team of thirteen extremely ambitious modders are working on a translation of the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas map to the RAGE engine used for Grand Theft Auto IV.

They’re already about 50% of the way done with the mapping piece, after which point they’re planning to start porting vehicles and models.

BSNDGLNqe3U[/media]]

OOOO! :wow: That's pretty fucking awesome, hopefully they manage to finish it!

Nimphioüs said:
Aman1238 said:
Nimphioüs said:
Translating what?
The map.

Pretty god damn awesome! :O Do want to play this.

What does translating a map involve exactly? :mellow:
Uhh.. I'm guessing converting the object files that contain the static meshes/plains into files that the GTA IV Engine can recognize... Also placing them in the right spots... And we're talking 1000s of objects here D:

So, this mod is trying to remove Gta sa's "cartoon" look, and make it look more realistic like gta iv?

Why not translate GTA IV into San Andreas? .. If that hasn't been done yet.

Grazy. said:
Why not translate GTA IV into San Andreas? .. If that hasn't been done yet.

I think they still should do the same thing.. I guess.

Basically it seems like that they are just adding SA map to GTA IV engine or w/e it was called. Well at least I got it that way.

WHAT ?!? Awesome! We need a GTAIV:SA-MP (xD) then.. I want to get it now .. :clap:

Basically, what they're doing is taking all of the map items from GTA SA and porting them over to the RAGE engine, so the graphics might not be AS good as GTAIV but they'll be better than GTA SA, and the physics/weapons/cars/etc should be the same as GTAIV.
Also, there's no real point to porting GTAIV to GTASA...
I guess the optimization would be better maybe but doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom