Microsoft Has Sold 3 Times As Many Windows 7 Licenses As All Apple Products

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Apple has been turning in hot quarter after hot quarter, blowing away expectations. Apple's mobile operating system, iOS, the platform underlying iPhones, iPods, and iPads, seems to be taking over the world.

Apple's humongous success has made it the most valuable tech company in the world. The market value of the former tech alpha dog, Microsoft, meanwhile, has shriveled.

But let's keep things in perspective!

For all of its mind-blowing success, sales of Apple's computing products are still just a fraction of Microsoft's Windows 7 licenses.

As you can see in the chart below, since Microsoft launched Windows 7, Apple has sold ~150 million iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches, and Macs. Microsoft, meanwhile, has sold ~350 million Windows 7 licenses.

8tAmM.jpg

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-windows-7-licenses-vs-ios-units-2011-4

Wait a second...
3x150 = 450
That's a difference of 100 million. Someone can't do math. It's actually 2.33 as much.

ThePro said:
Panki said:
^ It sums up all uses of Apple developed Operating Systems.

Yeah, but iOS? I don't remember macs running iOS.
Indeed, I think they meant just iOS devices.. there are over 100 million iPhones alone, so I don't think this statistic could include Macs.

ev0lution said:
ThePro said:
Panki said:
^ It sums up all uses of Apple developed Operating Systems.

Yeah, but iOS? I don't remember macs running iOS.
Indeed, I think they meant just iOS devices.. there are over 100 million iPhones alone, so I don't think this statistic could include Macs.
There are, but not all of them were bought in 1month...they were bought over a course of time so this is entirely possible.

Back
Top Bottom