Make passwords less hard

ThePro

My friend registrated here and it asked for a password with upper and lowercase letters and numbers.

That is hard to remember.

So anyways, disable that crap? :tongue:

ThePro said:
My friend registrated here and it asked for a password with upper and lowercase letters and numbers.

Is something like "Password1" hard to remember?
Though imo it should be a recomendation to have a password like that. Just a small popup which "warns" you about your password if you don't have it

Impulse said:
ThePro said:

Is something like "Password1" hard to remember?
Though imo it should be a recomendation to have a password like that. Just a small popup which "warns" you about your password if you don't have it

When my school resets our password it's "Password1", something like this isn't hard to remember "Nigguhbitches1"

Easy.

Take your birthday.
Go to your favorite book, one you keep near your pc.
Take the month of your birthday and go to that page number.
Take the day of your birthday and use that word on the page.
Capitalize the word and add the 4 digits of the year of your birthday afterwards.
= awesome password that is easily retrievable.
Unless your birthday happens to be january first and the first word of the first page of your favorite book is password.

Example:
Birthday: 10/30/1994
Favorite book: Death of a Salesman
30th word of the 10th page:
Password is: He1994

Don't have to use this exact process, any1 like it also works.

Well if some users want to use an easy password, then it is indeed their responsibility.
From now on it must only NOT contain your username.

Bobo7GTA said:
I think it's more safer with capital characters and numbers.
It's not about if its safe or not, it's about forcing the Password to contain lower- and uppercase.

Fries, that method is just fucking awesome.

Back
Top Bottom