Let's talk Cosplay.

stevenjobs

(I searched to see if there was a thread about this topic before, but didn't see anything. If there's a duplicate somewhere, Mods, please merge at will. )

For the uninitiated, the term cosplay (originally Japanese, but coming from the English loanwords 'costume' and 'play') is the act of dressing up as a character/person/thing (sometimes) from popular culture and media. In the West, the greatest phenomena of this is Halloween. Most of you probably know what I'm talking about, you aren't 10 and this isn't Usenet. Usually the subject of cosplay is an anime or video game character, but I've seen everything from Billy Mays and Duke Nukem to Tiger Woods and Ozzy Osbourne.

Do any of you guys cosplay at all? Is there a particular character you yourself would like to make a costume of, or see done? I've seen a fair share of MK ones (klassic and modern) done, so it can't be totally alien to people on TRMK. I've usually got some planned out in advance for a year or two. Share and let's have some fun. :biggrin:

//ADVERTISING LINK REMOVED

stevenjobs said:
Share and let's have some fun. :biggrin:
I'm flattered, but I'm not gay.

Anyhow, I often like to make out that I'm Doctor Who. It makes me feel better about myself. What's your favourite Cosplay?

SovareZza said:
stevenjobs said:
Share and let's have some fun. :biggrin:
I'm flattered, but I'm not gay.

Anyhow, I often like to make out that I'm Doctor Who. It makes me feel better about myself. What's your favourite Cosplay?

I wanna be fucking James Bond.

I went all out one year for halloween and did samuri X with the reverse blade and all. Was fun. I like going to cons but I only put in the effort once.

Back
Top Bottom